Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #1

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Morning all, glorious sunny day again today and so HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY to anyone with an Irish connection. What a fab excuse for a Guinness.

Yesterday's agility was a mixed bag, according to OH. Monty kept going off to find some shade, he was obviously feeling the heat. Like us, I guess, dogs need to acclimatise to changes in temperature. Dora was better than last week but can't seem to concentrate on more than 3 pieces of equipment at a time. Have to say it was hot here yesterday. I sat outside with a sunhat on, fell asleep and had to come inside when I woke up as I was rather hot. They do say our weather is becoming more extreme, and it's only March.

Sorry about the quiz last evening. I see that Kazz had visitors so is excused, Shelley was probably too tired after her dolly weekend in London (hope it went OK, Shelley?) but WHERE WERE THE REST OF YOU?

Not sure what's on the cards today, but whatever the day has in store for you, have a good one folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #2

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Good morning Angie and everyone else.

I think the sun is the "problem" with people not attending the quiz Angie. Sounds like a lovely day there yesterday, and remind OH the agility is about the taking part.

Not sure where I am going or what I am doing today either but hey ho.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #3

Good morning Angie and Kazz, I'm afraid I'd had rather a 3-day St Paddy event <hic> and was not in a fit state to test my mental agility last night Angie, so sorry,

Off to the chemist's this morning to pick up my prescription meds- I gotta keep taking the tablets

See you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
17-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #4

Afternoon everyone.

Angie, apologises for not being at the quiz last night, had no power in my tablet and my.laptop is still playing up
Kazz, have a good day whatever you do.
Posh, hope the trip to.the chemist isn't too bad.

I'm working until 5pm then home to do a bit of work into house as we finally have our motivation back.to get it finished!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
17-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #5

Good morning everyone and Happy St Patricks Day.My niece does irish dancing, so I went to see her and her friends dance at a local irish pub. Couldn't have a drink though, as I am on too many pills. Hope you didn't get sunburnt angieh.. Enjoy your lovely weather..Enjoy whatever you decide to do today Kazz. Glad you enjoyed your St Paddy celebrations Posh Puss. Pamela, how on earth do you find the energy for house renovations after working all day? I'm off to bed now as I have to start work a bit earlier tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
17-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #6

Happy St Pat's Day folks. Just off out now with the dogs, cats in various states of repose all over the house. Not such a sunny day here but hope to some washing out later.

An Irish Blessing - May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
The Rain fall softly on your fields
Until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #7

afternoon folks.
Hope your weather is a nice as ours, cold but sunny.
I had a fantastic time in London, we travelled down sat morning and visited Upton House, a lovely stately home near Warwickshire, will post some pics at some point.
Sat evening we went for an evening meal in Leatherhead, it was a Hungarian restaraunt, the food was good and cheap and the staff lovely.
On sunday we were at the doll and miniature fair were i spent lots and sold not a lot.
Sorry the quiz was unable to go ahead last night, better luck next week.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
17-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #8

no house tasks getting tonight!! After saying it was a quiet day, OH and i were involved in another rear end crash on the motorway tonight!! A guy had hit the side of a van, swerved onto the hard shoulder then back on to the road and hit his brakes which were screeching and smoke coming out of them!! we are ok, bit sore and shaken

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #9

sorry to hear this Pamela, glad you are both ok. What a terrible shock.

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #10

silly me, i didnt see Angie's st patrick day thread. Perhaps a mod can combine this.