Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #1

Gravy Toppers

Several members, myself included, have remarked that we would like to be able to buy nutritional cat food gravy. My Pip, for example, loves the gravy that comes in wet food pouches but will not eat the meat.

In my travels around the Internet, I came across this. Unfortunately, there are no listed ingredients and only 3 reviews, which don't sound too great. I thought I'd post the link though, just to prove that such a product is available.

Further info: I've now searched other sites and it seems this product is fairly widespread in availability and does not contain wheat.

Now found basic ingredients: purified water, dextrose, glycine, chicken, yeast, dried tomato, minerals. Analysis: Protein 1.5%, fat 0.5%, minerals 1%, moisture 90%

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #2

Re: Gravy Toppers

Thanks, Angie. I'll see if I can find a source here, would like to try it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #3

Murphy likes the gravy, but tends to pick at the meat, so I have started adding some water to it and mashing it till its almost liquid, and he is eating the lot...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
01-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #4

ooh i might have to try some of that if we keep having trouble with AJ-thanks Angie! I actually tried the Pets at Home gravy a couple of christmas' ago and the boys didnt like it at all, it was really watery though so maybe if it had been thicker like the consistancy of the gravy in alot of the wet foods they might have liked it? It did cross my mind to pick up some bisto gravy to try with AJs prescription diet, but i wasnt sure if that was ok so decided against it!

Catsey Veteran

02-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #5

I don't know JB, but would suspect Bisto or other human gravy granules would have onion in them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #6

Or possibly salt too .....

Cats owned: British Shorthairs
Darwin is Male
03-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #7

I would think any hooman gravy would have far too much salt in it for a cat to be fed safely.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #8

How about this Angie? I make my own dog biscuits and one recipe required Debittered Brewer's Yeast powder (never heard of it before but Holland and Barrett's stock it) It smells lovely and meaty. I think I've seen ads for vitamin tabs for cats containing it so I'm fairly sure it's ok for cats (needs checking though) You could mix a bit of the powder with some warm water as a gravy, maybe add some tomato puree as well if that's ok?

Catsey Veteran

03-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #9

That's a good tip MrsH. I will look into that! I wonder what people use it for?

That's very convenient - I have been trying to find out what will help me get rid of the ridges in my fingernails and it seems I need B vitamins, of which the Brewer's Yeast is a good source ....... so I may try it for myself as well as trying to make some cat gravy with it. Probably a once in a while thing for the cats though.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
03-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #10

Yes as i said i didnt think bisto would quite be suitable for the cats somehow

You would think more places would have made something like the gravy toppers by now, seems like a really good idea to make sure the kitties get more liquid but still be able to have their dry food-think my guys might thank me if i get some!