Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 DSH, Marvin, Felix, Maire
10-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #1

Cat food in gravy

I was just wondering what the best cat foods in gravy are? Ive always stuck with the jelly type as gravy upsets my oldest cat Marvins stomach. Marvin and Felix are content with the jelly type food but Maire keeps trying to eat the dogs gravy type food lol. I managed to pick her up a few single pouches yesterday but the meat is in chunks which she doesnt like so she just licked off the gravy and left the rest.
I was wondering if there is any cat food which is flakes/strips of meat in gravy? as i can only seem to find the ones that have meat chunks. Any info on brands price etc would be great.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
10-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #2

Re: Cat food in gravy

There seem to be very few brands/range in general which offer them in gravy, so it is not looking good. Meat in gravy seems to be for dogs, not aimed at cats.

Felix do a small range of adult pouches/tins of meat in gravy, but the chances are (I dont know for certain) that will be in chunks, as the rest of the Felix usually is. Whiskas do cans (but not pouches), but I am not sure about them either, as I have never fed Whiskas.

The only other ones I know of is one variety of Sheba, but out of those three I would imagine this is the most liable to be finer strips than the Whiskas/Felix.

Sorry that is not much help, hopefully someone else will help you further.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #3

Can you get the Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys in tins in the UK? Leia dislikes the jellied ones also the ones with big hunks. The FF Shredded White Meat Chicken and the Yellowfin Tuna have gravy and smaller hunks of meat ... shredded as it says. I usually add a bit of water to them to make a bit more gravy. They're a tad pricey ... usually 80 cents a tin, but often on sale for less. The Beef with Gravy is good too, but the meat is in larger hunks which I usually cut up in smaller pieces for her. Hope this helps. Picky pusses, aren't they?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
10-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Can you get the Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys in tins in the UK?
I had a look (and I dont recognise the name) & it does not look like it. However it is made by Purina, so it is possible that we do, but under a different name.

Purina do have a luxury brand in the UK which looks very similar: Gourmet. It does come in wide variety of styles, so it may be suitable for your cat.

Also on my research I have come across another brand:
Miamor Deli Dinner, which their meat comes as "chunks in gravy", which may or may not be suitable for your needs.

All of these are freely available to purchase online, so it's a case of studying them all & choosing what is suitable for your cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #5

I've been feeding Squiffy ASDA's own brand "Tiger" - the multi selection unhelpfully comes in 6 in gravy and 6 in jelly. Squiffy isn't fussy and eats everything I give him - but he relishes the beef and liver in gravy. It is in chucks however. Good idea of cutting them down a bit or mashing them?

(Pip also seems to like just the gravy!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #6

Leia always laps the gravy before starting the main ingredient. Boys Mum once said that manufacturers would make a fortune just selling tins of gravy! I suspect the Purina Gourmet there may be the same as Fancy Feast; will give it a look.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 DSH, Marvin, Felix, Maire
10-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #7

Thanks for all the replys. Ive tryed cutting up the meat chunks but she still wont eat it. Its as if she somehow knows that ive tryed to cut it up lol. Strangely my two boys wont eat big meat chunks either. I'l give the Gourmet a look see if thers anything that i could try.

I think it would be a good idea for manufacturers to make tins of just gravy. Maire would love it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #8

The Purina gourmet sachets are flakes in gravy

Cats owned: Moggies
11-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #9

Hi, My 2 eat mmostly dry food, but I do give them some wet, Charlie
in particular licks the gravy off then leaves the meat.

I found that he will eat gourmet solitaire, duck, beef, lamb.,
Not cheap but they have half a tin each then their biscuit rations.

I recently bought Asda own pouches, 4 for £1. I mix it up with a bit of water, but the meat is small.

Nicky

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie18
Thanks for all the replys. Ive tryed cutting up the meat chunks but she still wont eat it. Its as if she somehow knows that ive tryed to cut it up lol. Strangely my two boys wont eat big meat chunks either. I'l give the Gourmet a look see if thers anything that i could try.

I think it would be a good idea for manufacturers to make tins of just gravy. Maire would love it.
Yes - there would be customers here too!