Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
31-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #1

Sensitivity diet?!

Hello.

This time last year Oli had problems with 'normal' cat food. He had real bad diarrhea and could not control it leaking from his body .... he had antibiotics blood tests, wee tests, etc to try and find out what was wrong with him.

All results came back inconclusive, but the vet suggested Royal Canin Sensitivity Diet. Within a couple of weeks, diarrhea became history .... however, Oli is now getting bored of having the same flavour every day!!

Sooooo, I went to the Pet Shop and they Suggested that Burns complete cat biscuits are great and don't have rubbish in them and have a high content of meat/fish. Therefore, should be ok with Oli.

I took home a sample and have been giving Oli a few biscuits at a time and they don't seem to be having a bad effect on him ....

I am just wondering if Burns really is as good as the Pet Shop say it is....

anybody know??

Thanks in advance.

Tanya.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #2

Re: Sensitivity diet?!

Sorry Tanya, I have never fed Burns. Have a look at their website and see how their ingredients compare to RS Sensitivity?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
31-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #3

Burns are supposed to be an excellent hypo-allergenic cat food. I have never used it but know people who have with great success.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: wild cat
01-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #4

I had a cat with sensitivity problems and she was fine with Applaws, Burns and JWB dried and also ate natures menu, Burns and Applaws wet without any problems

you could always add some to the Royal canin to give a bit of variety without changing the diet too much!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
01-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #5

We don't have Burns here, but many of my friends from other UK forums swear by it as an excellent food. I like the ingredient list I see on the website. Hope it works for him!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
17-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #6

I know this is quite an old thread but just thought id mention that from when we got them as kittens our Hernie and Rhino had dodgy bellies and would have the runs. as they got a bit older they were still passing very soft poops and we had them on burns for quite some time as I'd had AJ and Raven on burns from kittens. eventually after trying a few different flavours i decided to give the Arden Grange sensitive fish and potato dry food a try and i havent looked back since! its essentially the same as burns in terms of good ingredients. the boys also get one wet high life meal a day too, but for the most part their poops have been normal since starting them on the Arden Grange over a year ago.