Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #1

Daily thread - Wednesday

9am and I've got the place to myself ..... Hell-o-o-o-o-o!!! Where are you? Don't leave me here by myself - think of the mischief I might get into!
Well another grey day, but I think there may be a glint of sun trying to force its way through. Fingers crossed.
Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - Wednesday

Hi DM, I can't stop but just passing! It's miserable here today too. The new kittens are lovely & have settled in. I've lost 3lb & the fatty club, so I'm chuffed about that. My new vehicle has been ordered but still won't get it for months yet erm... Bluebell is playing with the chickens in the garden & that's about all my news for now... right gotta dash, have a good day, hope you get some catsey company soon.

Oh & I almost forgot. I just loooooooooooooove your new avatar!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #3

Morning all,

Nothing much to report. Dull day weather wise, at work and still no car. No further forward either as I cant afford an auto electrician at £60 per hour to just find the problem let alone fix it, so no MOT so unable to tax it either.

Cant even sell it without the MOT so stuck with a car that is completely useless!!! And only a few years old. DONT BUY PEUGEOT!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
03-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #4

Morning all

Am about to play the game of stuff the cat in the carry box to take her to the vets for her check-up and boosters. Always fun

She whines loudly ALL the way there in the car then as soon as we get into the surgery she's silent and everyone says how good she is. Hah! My ears are bleeding for a reason!

Other than that it's ironing, I can't ignore the monster pile any more, le sigh.

Have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-10-2007, 09:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Morning all,

Nothing much to report. Dull day weather wise, at work and still no car. No further forward either as I cant afford an auto electrician at £60 per hour to just find the problem let alone fix it, so no MOT so unable to tax it either.

Cant even sell it without the MOT so stuck with a car that is completely useless!!! And only a few years old. DONT BUY PEUGEOT!!!
I know how you feel Donna, our cooker died last night. It's only 3 years old & lierally last week we decided not to take out another warranty for it....typical. So we have no cooker, no warranty & no money to repair or replace it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #6

Smudgely, Donna - sorry to hear about your respective breakdowns. Donna - I have had a couple of French cars in the past and have vowed never again! Everything seems to cost twice as much and take twice as long as nothing is in a logical place!

Taking Sebastian to his consultant appointment this afternoon. I'm fairly certain that he does have a dairy allergy - the couple of times I've tried him with yoghurt or similar has brought on vomitting and unhappiness - so just need to know where we go from here!

The steam fair is in town for this weekend http://www.carterssteamfair.co.uk/ca...m_fair_001.htm
they have all kind of lovely old steam-powered attractions and engines etc. We drive past it every day where they are currently setting up and Dominik is beside himself with excitement as I've said we can go on Saturday if the weather's dry (hopefully he won't be scared of the noise this time ).

Dull, drizzly but warmish here today - a little bit of sunshine would be nice, but forecast this morning on the Beeb promised rain

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Taking Sebastian to his consultant appointment this afternoon. I'm fairly certain that he does have a dairy allergy - the couple of times I've tried him with yoghurt or similar has brought on vomitting and unhappiness - so just need to know where we go from here!

Sean had this problem as a baby - tis quite straightforward and you could just try this yourself if the docs dont agree - just to rule it out.

Soya milk instead of cows milk made a HUGE difference to Sean and obviously cut out the usual dairy products, replacing all stuff with home made stuff with soya - and you can even buy a lot of stuff now ready made without lactose.

Seans weight plummeted between five months and a year until he was put on soya milk. Now he is fine with dairy - has still a few problems like egg white.

Hope it works out ok for you Yola.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #8

Donna - he's been on special, prescription formula powder since January and is thriving on it - it stinks some thing horrible, but babies seem to like it! Our doc didn't recommend soya for under ones due to the hormones present in it .

However I have tested him now and then with small amounts of dairy and he does react by throwing up, so I know to avoid all type of cow-based dairy - shame because Dominik would live on cheese if he could and I'm sure Sebastian will want to eat some aswell fairly soon.

I suspect the doc will suggest trying goats milk or now that Seb's over a year old, moving him to soya or similar.

But you're right, the choice of product in the free-from section is excellent, and they do cater well for dairy allergies (blimey, with my nut allergy, OH's gluten intollerance and now Sebastian's dairy intollerance I'll be doing all my shopping in that aisle soon)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
03-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #9

Afternoon all, just a flying visit. About to pick up Ceilidh. Quite clamy here today. Overcast, but nice.
Good night last night but didn't get alot of photo's as the battery died in the camera. Will post what I got tonight.
Been watching what Ive been eating and lost 5lbs . Soon be able to remove my signature at this rate .
Lots of news but no time . Be back later.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #10

Afternoon all!

Cloudy, damp day again the sun has been trying its hardest to peep through though.

To Cassie it is winter as she hasn't budged outside the house all day ....what a life she has ...... sleep, sleep, eat, toilet, sleep!!

Enjoy your day!