Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #1

Daily Thread ~ Monday

Good morning!

October 1st is here ....... pinch, punch to you all!

Wet and dreary today ........ and the leaves are falling thick and fast now.
Going into town this morning to pick up some holiday brochures to get some ideas for next year, we've got a few ideas in mind but need to check out the brochures first.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
01-10-2007, 09:12 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread ~ Monday

Good morning all.
It's dry and crisp here today.
Sounds a great idea to book a holiday Mags.
Have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-10-2007, 09:13 AM   #3

Good morning Mags! You just beat me to it .... I was about to 'pinch punch' too can't you tell the year is galloping away? It was so dark this morning Actually that was one thing which really struck me about being in France in late September ..... with then being an hour ahead of us it was dark until really late in the morning. Even the first day we were there, which would have been the 14th, mid-month, the street lights were still on when we woke about 7.45 and it was still murky. By the time we left the mornings were really dark and the children were going to school in poor light.
Well, having done the holiday washing I am about to tackle the European ironing mountain today. Yuk. But at least I can finish with the holiday clothes and put them away till next time.
Hope some of you may have something more interesting to report for 1 October. Think I may join Mags in plotting holiday 2008! Have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-10-2007, 09:59 AM   #4

It's damp, chilly and dull here today. Still, it IS October!

Speaking of holidays (well kind of), we have our 3 days for Christmas to book today. A lovely manor house in the Cotswolds with Beagles on the lawn, carol singers tonnes of good food and roaring log fires. Let's hope it cold and crisp and not wet and warm Neighbour will mind the cats so all I have to do is part with the cash now . . . ouch!

Today Sebastian slept in until 7.30 (but we let him coz he was feeling so rough over the weekend), so it was a neck-breaking rush this morning. Still - all kids delivered to school/nursery and I'm sat at my PC at work.

Need to get on and organise our fax mailing and do a couple more little tweaks on our new website (or rathre tell the designer what I want tweaking )

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #5

Sounds a good xmas Yola!
Well, ironing finished (except for the denim & linen - the water reservoir ran out, so I took that as a sign I should stop for today! ) so here i am, back for some witty repartee - where is everyone? Mmmm, 11.45, guess it's a bit early? OK - I'll head off to the holiday sites and look in a bit later ...... How's your planning going Mags?

Global Moderator

01-10-2007, 12:04 PM   #6

Managed to pick up a couple of brochures earlier to get some ideas. Top of our list at the moment is Montenegro with two maybe's in the Cape Verde Islands or Gambia. Unfortunately we can't find any flights from Bristol for any of those, so it would mean travelling up to Gatwick or Heathrow Decisions! decisions!

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2007, 12:11 PM   #7

Can only say that we've enjoyed Gambia in winter. There used to be flights from Bristol Mags - perhaps they're not finalised for next year yet? Have a look at the Gambia Experience site (if i were going again I'd book theough GE, so that money goes locally rather than in the pockets of Thompson etc.)

Global Moderator

01-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #8

Thanks DM, I'll check that out....

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #9

There you go - Friday mornings!
http://www.gambia.co.uk/docs/flights...l_flights.aspx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #10

Afternoon all, its beautioful here today, got all the doors open and the cats are all out enjoyimg the sunshine....
Booked my flight to Paris for the first week in Nov, and one for the middle of Nov and finally in Dec to do some Christmas shopping!!