Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
31-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #21

Re: My Auntie died today

So sorry to hear your sad news *thinkin of ya*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #22

Clair, I was very close to my Aunt also, her name was Anne too. She was my Mom's youngest sister and lived with us: she was more like a big sister to me than an Aunt...borrowed her clothes, etc. ...and I was especially close to her during the rebellious teen years when I was having conflicts with my Mom...Aunts can be very special people, can't they? You have my deepest sympathy in your loss...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Sadly missed ginger tab
31-05-2007, 05:05 PM   #23

I was very close to my Aunt as I didnt no her growing up
Long story, but to cut it short my mum and dad split when I was only 2,
my mum for whatever reasons stopped my Dad and his family seeing me and my sister, although they all sent us cards I never recieved them,
Then when I was 8 my mum moved us from my original home town in brum to somerset,
It was a further 9years before I finally got in contact with my Dad and his family through an agency,
My Dad and his family had tried to find us but my mum had blocked any form of access via the courts
1 week before christmas 2 christmas's ago my dad died of an heart attack,
We were all completely un aware as my grandad was ill so we were all fussing about, it was 3 days before we all found out and I was devasted
Then only 3 weeks later my grandad passed away also
I was at the bottom, couldnt see any point anymore in life, I was so depressed I tried to commit suicide
Through all of this my Aunt stayed stronge, pulled me through, even though she had just lost her Brother and dad she was always there for me
So now shes gone, and im completely lost

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
31-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #24

Clair, stay strong whatever you do as I'm sure your aunt would want you to live a happy life. Take as much time as you need to mourn her, see a GP if you become depressed. Eventually you'll be able to remember her with a smile on your face. ((hugs)) and remember we're all here for you xx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-05-2007, 05:54 PM   #25

Clair, it appears you have had a very hard life through no fault of your own.. I'm so pleased you eventually traced your Dad before it was too late..
You have had a lot of sadness in your life and I can understand how losing your precious Aunt has come as an awful shock to you....she must have been a very special lady to you.

Let your tears flow, that will help you through this ........talk about her, that will give you comfort. You will find the strength to get through this as your Aunt will always be with you. One day when the tears have dried you will be able to think and remember her with a smile...

Remember we are all here for you Claire if you have a need to share your sorrow....

Take care (((((hugs))))) xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
07-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #26

Clair, im sorry to hear about your auntie. My auntie died a couple of years ago, she too was like a mum as i dont get on with mine, she was never judemental, and so full of life and love, she had moved to wales and was so happy in her little bungalow with her little dog "Doogie" who she worshipped. She passed away in her sleep, on the sofa, same as your auntie.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
07-10-2007, 11:07 AM   #27

So sorry to hear your news Clair. Thinking of you

Sarah
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
07-10-2007, 12:54 PM   #28

So sorry for your loss Clair As lost as you feel right now, it will get easier with time and there are people around who can help. Talk about her as much as you need, grieve for your loss of such a wonderful lady and celebrate that she was in your life.

*hugs*