Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Abyssinian
jamie1123 is Male
04-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #1

Anyone else heard of Soft Claws?

hey guys I've recently had problems with my cat scratching my furniture. She's been scratching our sofa's making them look old and unattarctive. I heard that 'softclaws (www.soft-claws.co.uk)' could stop this problem. Is this so? Has anyone else heard or know about softclaws?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #2

Re: Anyone else heard of Soft Claws?

Heard about them yes, used them - no I haven't. Try getting your cat used to using a scratching post just for her. Put it near your sofa at first and encourage her to use it, then gradually move it away from the sofa to wherever you want to site it. May not work straight away and will need some persistence on your part!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #3

I haven't used them; think the bother of attaching them (if the cat was agreeable and let you mess with her paws!) would be more trouble than it's worth. A better idea to wean her off the sofas to her scratching post .... try rubbing it with catnip.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
04-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #4

Giving her a squirt with water when she scratches the sofa and directing her to her scratching post is effective. I have invested in a spray for unwanted behaviour and it's been effective

Cats owned: Abyssinian
jamie1123 is Male
04-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #5

ok I'll try all of these thanks for the advice