Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
03-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #1

Bank Holiday Monday

I'll be back online later, going to the open day at the rescue

Dylan's been on another killing spree think that's about all our news so far ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #2

Re: Bank Holiday Monday

RCR hope your open day goes well and you make lots of money and perhaps get a few good homes for your Cats.
Been to a car boot and just off to a village fete now.
Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #3

Afternoon all.

I have your open day goes well RCR.

Just given the oven a clean, not up to much today.

Weather is very windy here.

Fish cakes and salad for dinner tonight.

Have a good day everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #4

Well it was lovely and sunny this morning but then it went dark, we've had a quick rain shower and it seems to be brightening again

Nothing happening here, the laundry's dry so I've got some ironing to do, OH is busy doing a dog portrait for a friend (well actually at the moment he's having a little nap in his favourite armchair and snoring for Britain ) cats are asleep in the study and Morgan is asleep on the sofa. See a pattern here? it's the women who do all the work!! Then I suppose it'll be my "turn" to make dinner this evening (I'm the only one who ever has a "turn" actually! ) tonight it's salmon parcels with some new potatoes and a huge bowl of mixed salad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #5

Afternoon all! I've just come in from the garden because the wind has got up and there is a black cloud heading this way. It's been like that most of the day, although when the sun came out it was really hot for about 5 minutes. I have potted up my little fuchsia plants and am very happy with them (Suttons). I have weeded and dug FYM into the little patch where my sweet peas will be going. I was going to do a Heath Robinson with bamboo canes and netting for the sweet peas, but am now considering looking at "nicer" obelisks or climbing frames. Never hurts to look.

I am going to post a story of yumminess over in the recipe section ...............

I like the idea of salmon parcels and fish cakes ....... you can tell we're cat people, can't you? But we've having sausages for supper.

I have been wondering about Alex's hubby today and of course, our Kazz. Hoping they are both feeling better today.

Hope everyone has had a good w/end.

Edited to say: Put it in Home, Garden and Food because it's not really a recipe!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #6

Hi all, hope you're enjoying your Bank Holiday. It's just a regular Monday here, dank and gloomy although still mild: 22 C (71 F); we got .42" of much needed rain overnight. Supposedly going to clear by afternoon. No errands today, had a lie-in and just pottering.

Seems to be fish night: tuna salad, spinach and crisps here, no-cook Monday. Speaking of fish, Leia has mellowed and has decided crab meat is no longer yucky people food! My crab cake yesterday was larger than usual so I took a little bit off before I cooked it and offered it to Madame: she gave it a suspicious look as usual, sniffed and then ate it! I DO lead such an exciting life, don't I?

Off to read your food thread, Angie. Hope it's a good day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
03-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #7

Been windy and lots of heavy rain showers here today. Went to a craft fair at our local Natonal Trust property, could have spent lots of money!! We have just ordered a chinese takeaway then going to relax in front of the TV!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #8

Evening all

Glad everyone has had a good day mine has been okay a bit of bout of sickness again since last night but not too bad. Feel a lot better now not moved from the bedroom. Not slept since Sat night but not tired think/hope/pray I sleep tonight I need it. Appeared to have lost Sunday........weird my days are all off with bank hol today really weird people home who should not be (apart from me that is) have to got to get used to going with the flo....

Mrs H your dinner sounds lovely I adore salad.

Its been raining on and off here too, but only seen it from the window.

Another day tomorrow spent upstairs, took the dressing off the wound today and it looks okay to me.

Night all see you all tomorrow. Hopefuly feeling a bit more with it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #9

Hi all - MrsH that dinner sounds lovely! Try serving up something vile a couple of times and maybe OH will, as if by magic, discover the kitchen!!

We had a slow start today but eventually dragged ourselves over to Basingstoke to 'Milestones'. It's a huge hangar-type place with some really well-designed re-enactment exhibits of Victorian and 30s Britain inside (shops, vehicles, clothing, entertainment etc etc) . . . kind of a social history place. The boys (especially Domi) loved it as did I!!

Not much else - popped into town for dinner at Strada. But hasn't it been freezing today? Even with the sun shining at times the air was so cold it caught me unawares!

Off to bed soon as it's back to work tomorrow