Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #1

Today is Tuesday

Well its Tuesday....and it is threatening to rain.....maybe the volcanic ash will move/clear after agood rain storm.

Got bits and pieces to do today...and must get them done no last chances or tomorrow....hair trimmed, eyebrows threaded, bills to pay etc etc.

So have a good day all just having a bacon toast sarnie....then off I go.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
20-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #2

Re: Today is Tuesday

Morning all. Nothing much planned today myself. Cleaning the kitchen apart from that i have a free day. I am cat sitting for two days for my neighbours if i can find them in the house. There having building work done and just have been to check on them and ones hiding behind the settee and wont come out. Will sit with them tonight just too give them some comfort. Kazz while you make yourself a bacon toastie make me one please it sounds realy yummy.

Catsey Veteran

20-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #3

One bacon toast coming up. Brown sauce?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #4

Ketchup for me please Karen

Sunny but again, a bit chilly here as there is a stronger wind today. Boys are in holiday care (they don't go back to school until next week ) for another 2 days so I'm trying frantically to get through things as I'll be off with them from Thursday.

Nothing much happening here, working away at lots of internal marketing support stuff but am feeling a bit deflated overall.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #5

Yes, today is Tuesday! OH has just gone off to play golf. The sky is blue here, there is a bit of a breeze and it is cold, although nice an snuggly in the greenhouse.

One of my new variety of tulips is beginning to open and I've taken a photo just in case the others don't make it as they keep forecasting night frosts. Also my narcissus are in full flower and look lovely. I'll post photos later.

Eileen - I wonder if this year's fashion is to grow asparagus peas? Mind you, so far it's just me and the one member from OFF that you mentioned, so probably can't call it a fashion! I am glad to hear that they taste good. Mine are meant to have dark red flowers. We shall see!!!

The second part of my lavender order arrived yesterday and I've potted them up. Trouble is that the invoice lists both sorts as (A) (B) (C) etc. so I can't tell which is which. I emailed the grower and they said well it will say on the invoice .............. ummmmmm yes, but they both say the same thing! I am still waiting for some fuchsias and brachycomes to arrive and that will be about all for this season, apart from some summer bedding. I am just hoping that the temperatures won't be too badly affected by the volcanic ash.

Have to good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-04-2010, 04:03 PM   #6

Hi, all, nice day here: 17 C (62 F), lots of sun and not windy. Up to the Giant for Ms Picky's favorites, she must have her Shredded White Meat Chicken with Garden Greens! One of my new iris bloomed this morning, pic later.

Bacon sarnie is making me hungry, Kazz, it's not quite lunch time here. Will be thinking of you tomorrow, (((hugs))). Yola, how are Fifi and Bailie today?

Angie, glad you mentioned brachycombe, I'd meant to order seeds but slipped my mind; wonder if it's too late to start from seed? T & M here have them. Look forward to the tulip pics, also to th color of your asparagus peas.

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #7

Luckily, the firm that I ordered the lavender from has clarified which is which for me - they do look quite different, one being very well grown and the other much smaller. Good customer service - emails responded to the same day.

I had tried ordering brachycombe seeds when I ordered most of my seeds earlier in the year Eileen, but they were already sold out, which is why I have ordered plug plants. They must be very popular. I have a particular liking for daisy-like flowers, and so do the bees!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #8

I love daisy type flowers also, have started zinnia and tithonia seeds for an early start; think I'll see if I can still order brachycombe.

Catsey Veteran

20-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #9

Have planted my annual margarittes.....in the planters I adore daisy type flowers they always want to make me smile..............

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #10

I always use brachycombes in my hanging baskets, they are one of my favourite basket plants