Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: common british cats
29-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #11

Re: Misty doesnt want to come home, help??

well thats what she usually comes in, but if we are in the garden and door is open then shell use the door, you see our living room is the way we get into the back garden and so almost all day the windows are open for her, and then above here, there is the girls bedroom, which she usually sits on windowsill(gets up via shed) and cries till we open the window fully for her(they have safety locks on them), but she hasnt even done this, and the girls have been watching for her whilst supposed to be going to sleep, and have seen and called her but she doesnt want to know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #12

Can't really think of anything else, hopfully she will come home when she is hungry...

Catsey Junior

29-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #13

do you think there is any way the neutering didnt work? and she actually is looking for a male?? my partner says the last time he saw her, she was in the garden next door and she was doing this thing,( we call it misty flirting), she used to roll on her back and do this sweet and innocent meow.lol.
and he says thats what she was doing the last time he saw her and she didnt run away. so what dya think????

Catsey Junior

29-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #14

any more ideas?? what do you think to my "suggestion!" above??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #15

I think it's more likely that she is frightened of something - or possibly has been hurt (?rta?) and is therefore frightened. Remember Naomi saying how her cat had changed character and was aloof and spitting at her but when she took her to the vet the cat was bruised and the vet thought she had been in an accident.
Can only suggest being patient - and keep an eye out for any strange cats peeing in your garden.
Good luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #16

Maybe what DM said is right. Sounds feasible. And maybe she is being fed somehere else so doesnt feel the need to come home as she is getting food elsewhere??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #17

What about putting some of Misty's things out in the garden so she can obviously see and smell her own stuff? What about putting her favourite food in her cat carrier and see if she'll go in? You can then shut her in and bring her indoors.

Regarding the neutering not working . . . yes, it's possible, but you would need to get her to a vet to get that checked out and you need her home for that first.

How long ago was she neutered and has she ever done this before? I have a neutered male (done 9 years ago) that still sometimes tries to mount my neutered female so I guess there is some deep psychological residue for some cats and not others.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
30-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #18

I am just catching up on threads......

Sorry to read Misty has gone walkabouts, fingers and paws crossed she will come back today, and when she does want to come inside with you.

Let us know x

Catsey Junior

30-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #19

thanks everyone, well last night i put out some tuna for her as it was all i had fish wise, and have been advised by a friend to try and tempt her with some strong smelling fish or some chicken, the tuna didnt do the trick but as i had to be at the docs with my daughter this morning(pre school boosters) i called to tesco and got a couple of tins of pilchards, do you think i should wait until tonight to put them out?? as she is at her most active at night time, its possible someone is trying to feed her, keep her locked away to get at me, as we have had some trouble recently from some of the neighbours, but as she has been outside the house and in the garden i wasnt sure if this could be it??
you think i should report her missing??she isnt actually missing cos we have seen her, i dont know what to do, i am worried that if she goes to someone else and they take her to the vets to find out if she has a hame, and she has been in an accident or something, they wont let me have her back as they may think im unfit or something, if you know what i mean??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
30-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #20

I'd keep an eye out for her and when you see her in next doors garden then put the food out. She'll come round I'm sure.

If someone else takes the cat to the vet you'll get her back, provided you can prove she's your cat of course. I'm presuming she's micro-chipped yeah? Nobody will think your an unfit cat owner if she has been involved in an accident. These things happen and there's not alot you can do about it unfortunately

I know how upset you must be feeling right now but give her time. Take things slowly and she'll learn that you're the best thing since sliced bread