Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #1

Wednesday- Mint choc chip

G'morning! Up with the larks to go early bird swimming this morning with Ceri.

Have to get in shape to fit into my seat on the plane to California in September! Booked tickets yesterday to visit my sis, she's delighted!

Nice and sunny here at the mo, although they have said showers later on today.

My first mammogram this pm- not looking forward to that

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday- Mint choc chip

Hi PP! Glad to see you're keeping up with the ice-cream flavours this week - you've picked a favourite of mine for today.

Lovely weather here this morning, blue sky, warm and without the humid stickiness of the last few days. OH and Monty have gone off for a walk and I've had to stay behind in case we get a delivery we're waiting for and without M Bogle, I get a chance to vacuum through. Just catching up here first.

We start Junior Dog training this evening - a 6 week course to teach us all that Monty needs to know!!!

Please remember folks that there is NO QUIZ TONIGHT - we are having a holiday this week.

PP - mammograms are OK for some and trickier for others, but over quickly and well worth having done.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #3

PP hope the mammogram's not too uncomfortable, I'm a veteran of them now and the experience has been varied depending on the sensitivity of the radiographer.

Angie does Monty get very excited at the hoover? Morgan used to bark at it in spite of being used to it from an early age both at the breeder's and here. He hasn't done it for ages and ages now, nor does he try to play with the floor mop anymore when I'm washing the kitchen floor! Sometimes I miss the naughty puppy that he was

Got a splitting headache today which just doesn't want to shift. I woke up this morning and was surprised at how dark it still was, then I looked at the clock - 01.53 then I had difficulty dropping off again, hence the headache. I think I need a nap!

Enjoy the rest of today folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #4

Okay people ...........HELLO

Not a bad day here a little overcast but good really. Off to work later.

P.P. early morning swimming I am impressed, and take it from a mammogram "old hand" nothing to be concerned about.
Angie have a good time this evening. Junior eh? things moving forward with Monty then.

Opps Mrs H you snuck in there girl........... ...........its horrible to wake up and not be "morning time" I wonder if its the end of a dream that makes us do that?
I agree on missing the puppy things although at the time they are "annoying" its like loosing the joy of jumping in puddles with children, pups that bark at the vac or chase the broom. I occasionaly try to coax Sal into that sort of maddness but she is much more sensible. Even a butterfly does not get her attention now.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

29-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #5

MrsH - Monty does get excited at the vacuum, but not always - if it's going away from him he leaves it be and doesn't bark, coming towards him even slowly and he does bark enough to make my ears sing, but sometimes he ignores it - unpredictable he is at the moment.

Hi Kazz! Pip used to love the floor mop, but doesn't play with it any longer

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #6

Hi everyone. Beautiful day here, blue skies, lower humidity, nice breeze, 23 C (73 F), cooler than it should be but nice. The house is a mess: everything in boxes and bags except what I'll be actually needing until breakfast Friday morning. Poor Leia has no idea what's going on, I will be soooo glad when this is over.

Don't know anything about dogs and hoovers, but all of my cats have hated it and fled. And not too sure about the broom or dust mop, either! MrsH, hope the headache's let up by now. PP, the mammogram is very painful, I detest it, but it's necessary: the pain of a mastectomy and consequent radiation therapy would be so much worse; gotta do it! !!! Just grit your teeth and think of England, as Queen V. once said It'll seem odd not having the quiz tonight. but we'll be back to normal next Thursday... hope my computer will be up and working long before that. Did I remember to tell you I had to give up my dial-up and get a DSL line? None of the Macs now work with dial-up

Enjoy the day, be safe!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
29-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #7

After a lovely sunny morning the rain is back by the bucket cats and doggies not happy

Elaine is coming for tea tonight so we are on French Bread with lots of lovely things - thanks to M & S and of course mandarin cheesecake

I am in the process of taming down 2 feral kittens I have caught so far a black spissy little girl currently with no name waiting for OH to come up with some ideas and a brindle and peach tortie who I have called Sherbert she has purred already and doesn't mind being picked up so nealry there with both of them

I will also have an announcement later about another cat - he is well known on here is all I will say who is coming to the Clan thanks to Elaine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #8

Hi all,
shall have to check in later Liz for news of the other Cat. Enjoy your tea with Elaine.
PP, hope your mammogram went ok
Eileen, it must be so difficult for you at the moment, hopefuly you will be settled this time next week or getting there at least.
Angie, hope the classes go well.
Wave to Karen and MrsH
Been shopping for the caravan today, it's just the same as kitting out a new home. We are hoping to go up this weekend and take everything we've bought.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #9

hey everyone, sorry for the absence lately.

Poshpuss, hope everything went ok for you
eileen, hope your move went/is going smoothly, must be hard trying to settle somewhere new.
Angie, hope you and Monty enjoy the new puppy classes
Liz, hope you and Elaine enjoy your dinner

I have been busy working and trying to settle into the new job, alot to take in and hate to admit, getting used to full time working is hard!! Also getting back into going to the gym after not being due to having that horrible cold bug

I ordered the munchkins a new toy the other day and it arrived today. Its called "da bird" and it is an amazing toy!! they both love it as when you move it about, it sounds and looks like a bird, both of tehm are playing together with it now.

More progress with them aswell, Oh came in teh other day from work and tehy were laying together on our bed!! I got him to get some pics when they did it again so i will post when i get them uploaded

Hope everyone is well, will be back now hopefully

Catsey Veteran

29-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #10

Good to hear from you Pamela! I look forward to cuddly photos of your darlings!!!