Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #1

Tuesday - tutti frutti

Hi all!

Started out very good here this morning, now a bit more cloudy. Hope it doesn't rain, more washing on the line, and I have to go out later to the hairdressers. Can't rely on Ceri to bring in the clothes if it rains so fingers crossed.

Have a nice day, hope to catch some tennis this pm, it's an open field this year with Williams sisters gone, and Nadal look dodgy- some surprises then!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday - tutti frutti

Morning. Back to work today will later this afternoon actually. It is overcast here. All is good, nothing much to say other than that, like you PP I will fetch my ashing in before I go out, it is difficult for Mom and no chance now from Dad.
Anyhow Eileen................KEYS..........all good with the walkthrough ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #3

morning PP and Kazz.
Beautiful sunny day here at the moment but like you i will bring in the washing before leaving for work.
Dogs walked and sleeping.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #4

Morning all ............... Thunder here and lashing rain, if your washing is still out I'm afraid it will be wetter than it was when you put it out. OH and Monty are out on their walk - hope Monty doesn't freak with the thunder, he's never heard it before. The thunder atm is rather loud but no lightning yet. Kizzy, sensible girl, is in and is sitting here by me - we are calming each other. Pip is out on his own

More news later - I am not afraid of the thunder but something still makes my heart race a bit and my head begins to throb, I expect it's excitement.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
28-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #5

We've just started to get the thunder and rain here, glad it held off until I got back from the hairdresser's!

I've now got a date for my gallbladder removal, it's the 4th July (next Monday) and I have to go to the pre-assessment clinic this Friday. Why do they call it pre-assessment? surely assessment clinic would be correct. Pre-assessment suggests assessment before the proper assessment or is that just the pedant in me? Now if they called it the pre-op assessment clinic I'd be happy with that

Anyway, the light levels have dropped here very suddenly, it's gone rather green-looking outside and I've had to put the light on in the living room. I wonder if there'll be much happening at Wimbledon this afternoon?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #6

Back again ........... corks! we've had thunder and lightning, went away, came back again and is still not sure if it's finished. I had a soggy OH and Monty come home - it was fine when they went out and OH didn't even have his waterproof on. He sheltered from the heaviest rain under some chestnut trees and looking down, there was Monty sheltering under him! Pip also came home wet and the new large animal towel, arrived this morning, which is claimed to dry wet creatures 4X faster than a normal towel was immediately put to good use. OH had to use a normal towel!!!

MrsH - you are quite right about the terminology of the clinic ..... unless they call the visit of the surgeon to your bedside pre-op the "assessment" - who knows with medical jargon? I hope the clinic goes well and of course the op next Monday. We will all be wishing you well and thinking about you.

Edited to say: Just gone to see what's happening at Wimbledon. Play is going ahead on Centre Court as they have the roof, but you can hardly hear the line calls because of the roar of the rain on the roof!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #7

Hi all. Some fierce weather you're having, and undoubtedly wetter wash if it didn't get in before the deluge. It's supposed to be cloudy with a good chance of showers, but the sun is shining ..??? Nice and warm, 26 C (79 F), warmer by afternoon.

Walk thru went well, have the keys, apartment and mailbox. I forgot to take the camera, wanted to show you pics of the greenhouse which is at the end of the corridor on my floor. Later, when I get settled.

Angie, had to laugh at OH getting a regular towel. I agree about pre-assessment, I detest sloppy grammar and English! MrsH, fingers crossed and vibes coming that all will go well. Hope the weather clears up for the tennis fans.

Stay dry, stay safe!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
28-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #8

Hope everyone got their washing in! It was lovely in Great Yarmouth but I ended up driving back through a thunderstorm which makes me nervous- I can't help jumping at the lightening. I then had fun trying to fill the car. First I parked on the wrong side of the pump (cap wasn't where I expected it to be) then I couldn't open the cap, then there wasn't a label telling me what fuel to put in so I had to find the manual and finally I couldn't fit the nozzle in- there was a special technique which you had to understand from some small diagrams on the inside of the filler cap. I drive lots of hire cars and sometimes you just get flummoxed! It didn't help that is was pouring down at the time either! I finally managed, paid and crept away slightly red faced

I love that the animals have a better towel than the humans Angie! Eileen- great that you have the keys- looking forward to photos when you get the chance.
Hope all goes well with the op Mrs H.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #9

Oh dear, quite an ordeal just gassing up, CS! And in the miserable rain too Hope you didn't catch a chill getting soaked.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #10

well obviously Preston was the place to be today, brilliant sunshine all day. I ran out of time to bring the washing in before work but it was all ok.
MrsH, glad you have your op date and don't have long to wait. I agree pre assessment sounds stupid.
Eileen glad your walk through went well, soon you'l be in and settled.
Angie your towel situation made me laugh, sounds like out house. For years Howard has insisted on me salting the veg in the pan, now finaly because the dogs have some i can get away with not salting.