Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #1

Sultry Sunday

Hi everyone! Very hot and steamy here today. Started off overcast and even misty, but hot now with blue sky. Seems this heatwave will peak tomorrow and be gone by Tuesday. Why can't our weather settle this year?

I have spent some of the morning repairing a couple of Monty's favourite stuffed toys. One is Bonzo, a large toy dog that goes to bed with him and the other is a small squeaky dog that has been his favourite toy since he was small - the seams ripped along his legs and the stuffing came out, so OH tucked them up inside him and I didn't like it because it looked as if his hind legs had both been amputated. Now all restuffed and sewn up! What a softie I am.

Hope all are enjoying their Sunday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #2

Re: Sultry Sunday

Hi, Angie, those to follow. Everyone out enjoying the weather? Sunny here and still a bit below seasonal average: 24 C (75 F); running behind last year's record warm Summer so far. Taking a mini-break from the packing, etc; plan to relax with the papers and crossword; so is Chris; he's not coming over. Broiled crab cake and fresh spinach tonight, had my last grocery delivery here yesterday. They deliver at the new location also. no problem.

Angie, cute story aboutyour toy rehab session; hope MB appreciates it

Hope all are well and having a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
26-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #3

Beautiful day here today, all doors and windows open. Shame we didn't have this weather some of the time last week, but then the beaches would have been busier and Morgan would have been nicking picnics and trampling sand castles

The cats are back and nor at all sulky! I think they had a nice time and are grateful we sent them on holiday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #4

LOL, MrsH, I'm surprised at the cats ... was sure they'd give you the cold shoulder for a few days!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
26-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #5

Afternoon all.
Had every possible weather here today. Just returned for a weekend away in a place called Radworth Hall for a spa weekend just me and OH and it was the best weekend ever. We had ddb 2 nights, lunch on one day, champagne and chocs in the room, 2 mini spa treatments each and all courtesy of my tesco clubcard vouchers. Couldnt fault the stay at all. The spa treatments were amazing felt really relaxed and chilled out.
Denis has protested loudly to anyone who will listen when we go back, he has run out into the garden on his harness and meowed at everything that moved in his loudest voice...just to let everyone know hes out I have also had lots of cuddles too
Hope you all have a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #6

Hello all.

Just popped in for dinner lovely roast beef again this weekend so scrumptious last and nice for Sarnies afterwards too. But back off out agin cementing between the circle in the garden.See you later Oppps meant to say gorgeous day here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #7

Evening all! What a corker of a day! We've had Tom all w/e so have been out and about hence no posts, sorry
Today we have been in Brecon on a pedalo up the river then I enjoyed a lush apple-pie flavour ice-cream. Back home I've been sitting outside and reading, it's been lovely

Hope you have been enjoying but I know from the forecast some in the north haven't been blessed so I won't harp on.

Still having probs with Posh doing number two's anywhere but her litter tray Didn't mind her using a patch of earth but of late she's begun going indoors by the back door, even tho I've been putting the tray there she moves it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #8

Right back in from outside, really gorgeous day..........but bed now..............hope everyones was as nice. Less posts mean brilliant weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
27-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Today we have been in Brecon on a pedalo up the river then I enjoyed a lush apple-pie flavour ice-cream. !
OH!!! how yummy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #10

It was gorgeous babycakes, never had it before, like apple pie and custard on a cone- yumyum, with small pieces of cooked apple in it x