Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #1

Dad's Sunday

Good morning!

Weather report from here: Not raining but cloudy and a nip in the air, not exactly weather for June but at least it's dry.

Letting Posh's dad sleep in this morning, being a large chap I'm sure he's enjoying the extra stretch out space Besides , it's nice to have a bit of me time in the mornings. Posh has been outside and now been fed & watered.

Going out for Sunday lunch at a local pub carvery with our kids and my parents so a nice day off from cooking for everyone

Everyone seems to be going on holiday at the moment. As we've no plans we're keeping our fingers crossed for improved weather here at home.

See you later xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #2

Re: Dad's Sunday

Morning poshpuss Hope you enjoy your lunch today Thats nice letting your man have a lay in

We had a good day visiting yesterday but after we came in from shopping i was shocked to see my 2 silver sharks floating in the big tank we have My 2 favourite fish in the tank had died strangly enough it was both and not just the 1. So water checks and filter adjustments were made to make sure we didnt lose anymore fish yesterday. Also put disease treatment in the water just incase. We have no idea though what caused them to die.

R.I.P Fred and Barney the silver sharks xxx

We are meeting my folks at the car bootsale today then heading down to OHs folks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
19-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #3

Sorry to hear about your fish Pamela. And sounds like a good start to the day PP.

It's a bit overcast here, with some blue sky, so I'm hoping that it'll grow. Would be nice to have a sunny Fathers Day.

Quietish day planned here. Church as usual, and then home - spend some time with my wee girlie whose been feeling a wee bit neglected with the amount I've been out recently I think. So, some fun time for the two of us this afternoon.

And I had a lovely time with parents and brother yest, thanks.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #4

Morning PP, Pamela and Squirrel and those to come. Hope you all enjoy the day and plans. Weather here dry thankfully and sun and cloud and yes, a bit chilly. OH has gone out for a walk with Monty and I need to do some work in the greenhouse. That plant food I used the other day seems to have worked and plants seem to be growing better, so need potting up.

I am thinking about my own Dad today and missing him. He died in 1994, a long while ago, so thinking about the nice times we spent together and especially on a Sunday, doing the general knowledge crossword in the newspaper.

Enjoy Fathers' Day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #5

Happy Fathers Day, all! Hug your Dad if you're lucky enough to still have him ... mine passed in 1964; always missed. Cloudy and rather gloomy looking: 24 C (75 F), won't warm up as much as yesterday; been six days under 90 F; I do enjoy the heat and wish it were back (yes, I know I'm weird! ) A break from moving: out of boxes and bags; Chris will bring some when he gets back in town this afternoon.

Enjoy eating out, PP; Pamela, sorry about your two fish. Squirrel, enjoy the quiet and the bonding with your girlie; Angie, those plants perked up quickly, good!

Take care, all ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #6

Hi all, a busy day with my parents visiting. My Dad doesn't believe in Fathers' Day calling it an invention by card companies to make profit so we are banned from giving him cards. I cooked lunch and then we visited 9 local gardens opening in one the open garden schemes. I love being nosy! It is amazing how ceative some people are with small spaces.
Hope everyone had a nice day (and a good break from packing)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #7

Hi, everyone. Happy Father's Day..
I'm just having a quiet day today. We took Cooper (the elderly ferret diagnosed with insulinoma about 2 mos. ago) to the vet yesterday. He has cardiomyopathy now and his pancreas is enlarged (effect of insulinoma) and the mass near his prostate is now huge. She says it's only a matter of time, his heartbeat is very irregular.
I was ready to let him go if needed and asked her advice. She said as ill as he is, he is amazingly bright and alert and not at all in pain and she saw no reason for me to not take him back home and let him be with his family when his time does come. She sent us home with narcotics in case some kind of pain does come on. We will just let him die here if he continues this way.
I'm still mentally processing this. I had a bad feeling the other day and we took a good batch of pictures of him. I'll share those soon.
This is the good thing about cats, they live much longer don't they.
Sorry for depressing update.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #8

So sorry about Cooper, Tink. Hope he can pass gently and without pain.