Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
14-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #1

Jerry and Caspurr

Its been a while so I just thought I would come and let you know how our boys are getting on. They love each other when we arent around an pretend to hate each other when we are
A few times we have come in too find them curled up together

Jerry's cystitis got pretty bad a few months ago, he was on so many different pills which was stressing him out 3 times a day when we had to give them to him I decided (after thinking long and hard about it an weighing up the pro's and con's) to start letting him out into the garden while Im in the house. He's absolutely loving it, doesnt go out of the garden and always comes back to me when I call him which is great!! He's so chilled out now and NO cystitis since the last bout which is great It got to the point where it was flaring up every couple of weeks and his cystaid was put up to 2 tablets a day, we are now back down to one every other day Fingers crossed it stays away!!

Anyway enough talking, here are a few recent photos of the boys -

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #2

Re: Jerry and Caspurr

awww, what fab pics of them Erin So nice to see how they are doing, and great news about Jerry, long may it continue x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #3

Lovely Cats, Erin. Is Jerry the Tabby ?
If so he's the twin of our Tabby also called Jerry.
Caspar if i have the correct Cat looks as if |he's wearing a feather boa.
Hope Jerry's cystitis settles down.

My Jerry

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #4

Thanks Alex I can't tell you how happy I am that we seem to be moving forward!! Poor boy just wanted to get out, I'm taking a big risk, because we do live in a busy area, but I think I've made the right decision. He's been going out the back garden for about 2 months now and is being so good, it is a large garden so I'm hoping it's big enough for his needs and that he doesn't start straying a little further! Some days he's only out for an hour if I'm late gettin home from work, but it's enough and touch wood is keeping the cystitis at bay!! He's so much happier and relaxed for it, best thing I've done for him, we have had no accidents outside of the tray, no blood or straining for weeks now, and he's lost weight which the vet was pleased with and which will also help. He's a very happy choppy at the moment . Shelley yes Jerry is the tabby, my little baby!! Your Jerry is totally gorgeous too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #5

Hi Erin! Really great news about the gorgeous Jerry and lovely pictures of him and Caspurr. It's great Jerry can go out for a while now - does Caspurr go out too?

I love your last picture of Jerry's close-up - what a hunk he is!

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #6

Thanks Angie caspurr has been out a couple of times but he runs around meowing dragging his tummy across the floor in a slight panic so we just bring him back in that last pic of jerry is my favourite at the moment

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #7

Gorgeous pics Erin, I love that last one of Jerry! Good to hear you've found a solution to ease the bouts of cystitis, I'm glad he's more comfortable and happy again.

Good to see you here again, Erin, hope you're keeping well.....

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #8

Thanks Mags I'm doing great thanks, been crazy busy lately, but it's all good. Hope things are good with you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #9

Great to see the guys - pics are lovely. Good to hear from you too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #10

Awww, so nice to see them again, Erin, and hear from you. Great news that the lessened stress has helped poor Jerry's cystitis; Caspurr is still a gorgeous boy.