Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
09-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #41

Re: bad bad food!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney Todd
At the end of the day if you've taken offence, and you want us to leave.....We will.
You have as much right to be here as anyone and as Random said, it was just odd that you all seemed to arrive 'en masse' and seemed to praise Mummsys every word!!! I also agree that the original post in this thread could have been worded a little better, after all many of us here are very experienced cat owners.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengal
10-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #42

If you dont like it dont come on the thread then??!! Just an idea.
I personally find it interesting and havent been here for as long as you two, forums are for everyone to use the threads and dont be so unfriendly to new members!

If you want to feed your cat crap then sure thats your choice we are discussing what we feed our cats, thats our choice you have no right to come on mummsys thread and tell her you dont like it! I really dont see why it offends you so much, we are only stating FACTS.

There was a trouble maker on a bengal forum they were on, i was a member here previously and thought this was a nice friendly forum, im quite shocked.

Catsey Junior

10-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
You have as much right to be here as anyone and as Random said, it was just odd that you all seemed to arrive 'en masse' and seemed to praise Mummsys every word!!! I also agree that the original post in this thread could have been worded a little better, after all many of us here are very experienced cat owners.
And many arent, i have had cats all my life however am still learning and did not know much about food. Thats why many people come to cat forums to learn. Mummsy's research may be different to yours, i really dont see why you have such a big problem.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursecroft
If you dont like it dont come on the thread then??!! Just an idea.
I personally find it interesting and havent been here for as long as you two, forums are for everyone to use the threads and dont be so unfriendly to new members!

If you want to feed your cat crap then sure thats your choice we are discussing what we feed our cats, thats our choice you have no right to come on mummsys thread and tell her you dont like it! I really dont see why it offends you so much, we are only stating FACTS.

There was a trouble maker on a bengal forum they were on, i was a member here previously and thought this was a nice friendly forum, im quite shocked.

Can we draw a line under this now as the point being made was about the condesending manner in which this thread was posted. You should not assume that people know nothing, just as you should not assume that people know everything, thats why some of us were offended. By all means post links about differing foods etc, many of us have done so in the past/present.
As for feeding my cats crap, you have no idea what i feed my cats as I have only ever mentioned one cat who is no longer with us, but had you looked on some of the other threads in this section then you might have had a good idea as to what many of us feed our animals.
Anyway this particular thread is going round in circles. Maybe Mummsy would like to start a new thread about the foods she reccomends in a less condesending manner thus we can all start over and make amends.

Catsey Junior

10-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #45

Well we'll have to agree to disagree. I have read the other threads thankyou and have a fair idea what you feed your cats, like i said its up to you what you do, this is just my personal opinion.

Im sorry you feel this thread was titled wrongly, like i said before you dont have to read it. Think the objections are quite pathetic to be honest which is why i was shocked to read them.

This site should be embracing people that are passionate about their cats and providing the best nutrition/care for them not critising them because they worded the thread wrongly?!

I cant "this thread is annoying" is a constructive comment or worded particulary well either.

Catsey Veteran

10-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursecroft
And many arent, i have had cats all my life however am still learning and did not know much about food. Thats why many people come to cat forums to learn. Mummsy's research may be different to yours, i really dont see why you have such a big problem.

I never said I had such a big problem did I?? I do object to you saying that we feed our cats crap - (I assume you are referring to Elaine and I) that is YOUR opinion and certainly not the case I have no objection to people coming on this site, but they have to be careful how they word things as to not cause offence. I don't think we are being unfriendly to new members either. If you care to look back over the 'free range or not' thread you will see that I agreed with you many times. I don't think your comment about feeding our cats crap was exactly friendly was it?

Catsey Junior

10-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I never said I had such a big problem did I?? I do object to you saying that we feed our cats crap - (I assume you are referring to Elaine and I) that is YOUR opinion and certainly not the case I have no objection to people coming on this site, but they have to be careful how they word things as to not cause offence. I don't think we are being unfriendly to new members either. If you care to look back over the 'free range or not' thread you will see that I agreed with you many times. I don't think your comment about feeding our cats crap was exactly friendly was it?
I know you did, i personally think cat foods like felix and whiskas are crap, that is my opinion and i am intitled to it. Like i said you are intitled to your opinion too and to feed your cats what you like.

This is a thread that mummsy started to show the research that SHE has done, she didnt start it to cause offence and you were not friendly i am simply replying in the tone you have shown to people i have alot of respect for.

I have found you and Elaine to be nice friendly people in the past which is why i was shocked by you posts on this thread.

I would not dream to come on your threads you have posted about your opinions on food and critisize what you feed your cats this is why this is a seperate thread.

I still fail to see how this thread has caused such a big issue!

Catsey Veteran

10-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #48

I am fed up with this, we are going round in circles. Elaine and I have made our feelings known, shame you are making such a big deal over it. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but saying that someone is feeding their cats crap, let's face it is not the nicest way to voice that opinion now is it??

Admin Team

Az is Male
10-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #49

Hi Guys, what on earth is going on! This is unlike the friendly Catsey we all know and love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Are you lot on commission from Tescos or something? Many people have posted many interesting threads on here too, not just about Tescos finest either.
This thread is becoming annoying quite frankly.
Sorry Elaine, but I think your post was unfriendly - it all turned from this point on, was doing fine until then tbh. If you find the thread annoying, stay out of it - there really is no need to post that to spoil it for everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
It's become annoying because the original post was a bit condesending from the offset and has since turned into some homage to Mumsy.
We have many threads in this section about pet foods/diet and nutrition. If I were joining another forum I would be looking at those to see what the people on the forum are about before I began preaching at them.
I have no objections to people with new info, who explain their findings to benefit others etc but all this is, is how bad whiskas is, nothing new there, and how good tescos finest is.
I just find it all very patronising and a little insulting that Mumsy thinks that none of us here have looked into what we feed our cats already.
I don't think the OP was intending to be condescending, just looks like what many others do - share what _they_ think is best. Remember, it is just someone's opinion - feel free to put across your opposing views, but leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
No one wants you to leave! I think people are just curious as to why everyone has came over together that's all, sometimes trouble makers or trolls get banned from forums and move onto another in groups so you can understand why people are asking. Saying that i've been in the same position you are where a group has went t*ts up and myself and a whole bunch of pals have moved elsewhere and i'm still there to this day - the dog site which is a sister site to this one.

I think Mumsy is just passionate about this topic that's all but I have to agree maybe could have been a little more tactful as the way it has been worded it sounds as if anyone feeding their cat on one of the particular brands mentioned is being condemned for it. I have had a cat fed on one of the *best* food out there and she ended up developing kidney disease, my auntie feeds her 2 on Whiskas, Felix and the like and they are 23 and 25 years old and still going strong. To advise is one thing and absolutely fine but to condemn and say 'this is crap and that is crap' is another thing. I'm sure no harm was intended however, maybe for the future a bit more tact might be useful so as not to offend anyone as you have to admit, if you think you are doing right by your cat and someone you don't really know comes along and basically says your doing crap, well that's how some people might have taken offence to it.

JMO
Agree with a lot of this, esp the bit about not having to leave - Catsey is for everyone, new and old, so long as people adhere to our PGs, which as far as I can tell the new members have

Maybe the original post could have been worded better, but even in it's current state it is not that bad!! It's just someone's opinion. So what if they slate the food you feed - it's their opinion, and not exactly them personally attacking you (unless of course you own the company that makes the food! ).

Chill out - this is a forum where people are allowed their opinions. If you don't like the thread stay out of it - if you think someone is breaking our PGs (posting guidelines) use the report post icon to let the mods know.

Back on topic now please
- if you want to respond to my post, use the feedback section instead of disrupting this thread any further, thanks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-05-2008, 02:36 PM   #50

Mummsy, I can see that you have done a lot of research into what goes into commercial cat foods. Have you done any research/have any feelings r.e. raw feeding at all?