Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
02-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #1

I am So Upset

Today I went to get my hair done. Now I have been going to the same hairdresser for 12 years, trust her implicitly. I said I wanted a change. I was going to go for a long bob. As I was getting married next year I wanted it in better condition and even booked her to put my hair up and do the bridesmaids hair as well. She knows I have been growing my hair, It was down past my bra strap on my back. As she was cutting my hair I said that feels like an awful lot. She said don't worry it just feels that way. We were in her kitchen with no mirror.
The result was this.. 10 inches removed from my hair and I'm in tears.

Not the best photo but I took it myself and have been crying on and off for hours.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #2

Re: I am So Upset

Oh why did she do that when you only asked for a trim? If she knew you were growing your hair?

Sorry you are not happy but I personally do like it Jac.. very stylish..

But if it is not what you asked for and you are unhappy then that needs to be dealt with. Did you have a go?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
02-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #3

aww Jac ((((hugs)))) I think it looks really lovely though xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #4

Same here Jac, it does look very nice, but that doesn't help if you are not happy with it

Catsey Veteran

02-08-2007, 06:55 PM   #5

Thanks guys, bless. Your all so nice I'm bubbeling again. Would you call that a long bob? 10 flippin inches .

Yeh I had a go. I called her an evil bitch plus I didnt pay her. I gave her a £10 for the colour and £5 for cutting ceilidh's hair.

Doesnt put my hair back on though. How long do you think it will be by June? I really wanted my hair up for the wedding.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #6

You still have enough hair to have it up Jac - in fact it might be easier as you have taken the weight off so it will stay up neater for longer - just find a decent hairdresser who can do a few different upstyles so you can chose what you think looks the nicest.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
02-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #7

Your hair looks quite similar to mine Jac,Mine doesnt take long to grow back at all.
I personally woldnt say that is a long bob, but then compared to some bobs out there it could be,but I dont think so.
I think it really suites you mate,and your hair looks a lovely condition,much better than mine ,it will grow back in no time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
02-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #8

Hairdressers think they can do what they like. I change mine reguarly because they stop listening to what you want. Also when you go into the shop and they shout 'your ladies here' It's time to leave.
Jac it really does suit you though and looks in very good condition

Catsey Veteran

02-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #9

I don't think it helped when Ceilidh said when she saw it " mum your hairs short, I don't like short hair". I'm also on ab's for a chest infection and it's now gone into my sinuses. My face looks all puffed up.

I will be looking for another hairdresser though. I just feel so different. I know you'll understand what I mean.
When Derek saw it he said wow that's a bit drastic, he then said he preferred me with long hair. Cant win, so I burst into tears. Its that time as well, so I'm down anyway.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #10

awww Jac ((hugs)). I'm sorry you're so unhappy with your cut, but I echo everyone here. It does look lovely on you!! I hope you feel a wee bit better about it in the morning xxx