Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #11

Re: Mr Darcy vs Shakira ( no im NOT breeding them lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoof
CJK, how lovely that you're thinking of the cats' wellbeing! A lot of people would just go ahead and get whatever they want regardless of health risks. I suspect by March, Mr D ought to be clear, but your vet will be able to give you a better answer.

We're waiting here to get two kittens, but since Ninja is a bit late with his vaccines and vet checkup we'll be waiting until he's had them and ask the vet how long we need to wait for if at all.

(P.S.: Guys, I think I've worked it out and I'm hoping to get Ninja into his carrier and to the vet's tomorrow morning - Fingers crossed everyone! He might try to take my face off my head over it )
Good Luck Snoof with the carrier

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #12

Good luck tomorrow Snoof!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
29-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
thanks for that smudgley. Mr Darcy doesnt have conjunctivitis though.

Moli, what I am trying to find out is if Mr Darcy is likely to be clear of it by march, if there's any risk of him passing it on then i need to tell shakira's current woners as soon as possible, so they can line up another buyer / home for her.

would hate for him to pass this on to another cat. He has minimal contact with my other two,a s theyre out most of the time, theyre both fine though, no sneezes or sticky eyes etc. i think before shakira arrives i will take all the boys to the vets and get them all cehcked over.
Just waiting for the vet to give the ok for MR d to be vaccinated and neutured.
Conjuncivitis is just a common symptom of the condition.

Catsey Veteran

29-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #14

lol @ snoof.

My twix is a real pain the butt to get into his carrier. I have to stand the carrier up on end, grab twix quick as i can, kinda hold his front paws back against his body so he cant sprawl them out either side of the carrier, and push his head into the carrier, once the ehads in the rest doth follow! lmao, then before he can back out or turn round i ahve to do it up.
It's funny to watch, but not when i get scratched!

good luck tomorrow!

Catsey Veteran

29-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #15

as for looking out for the cats best interests/welfare, if i dont who else is going to? Theyre my babies, and as thier owner i have a responsibility to take care of them and try and keep them as healthy as i can.
I dont know everything, far far far far from it, but that's why i ask questions here, and take heed of the advice I am given by more experienced cat owners.
I have had cats for 3 1/2 years, and being on here has shown me how little i really knew about them. I just took them along to the vets for everything and went along with what they said.
Had I not had this forum to fall back on i would have stuck with stipud vets, not knwon toa rgue and spent 69.95 on an unecessary head x-ray, and god knows how much on useless medications!

so it is thanks to you all here that MR darcy will get better much quicker than he otherwise would.

poor babies are reliant on me for thier welfare. cant be spreading yucky things about now can we?

I really Do appreciate every word of advice given, and the time people take to help me out. I feel so dumb though since i came here and realised i know nothing really. Like the collars, i thought elasticated were fine! so that's another way you have all helped my boys out!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
as for looking out for the cats best interests/welfare, if i dont who else is going to? Theyre my babies, and as thier owner i have a responsibility to take care of them and try and keep them as healthy as i can.
I dont know everything, far far far far from it, but that's why i ask questions here, and take heed of the advice I am given by more experienced cat owners.
I have had cats for 3 1/2 years, and being on here has shown me how little i really knew about them. I just took them along to the vets for everything and went along with what they said.
Had I not had this forum to fall back on i would have stuck with stipud vets, not knwon toa rgue and spent 69.95 on an unecessary head x-ray, and god knows how much on useless medications!

so it is thanks to you all here that MR darcy will get better much quicker than he otherwise would.

poor babies are reliant on me for thier welfare. cant be spreading yucky things about now can we?

I really Do appreciate every word of advice given, and the time people take to help me out. I feel so dumb though since i came here and realised i know nothing really. Like the collars, i thought elasticated were fine! so that's another way you have all helped my boys out!
Don't feel bad CJ, I have had cats for the past 30 years, and I too have learned an awful lot since joining CP's....You can always learn something new....The only reason I know about Clymidia is because I am in contact regularly with someone who's cat has it...

Catsey Veteran

29-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #17

maybe next time twix has to go into a carrier i'll record it and show you all! lmao

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
31-01-2006, 05:55 PM   #18

CJK even if Mr D isn't better couldn't the current owners keep Shakira that little bit longer for you? I'm sure they would if you explained the situation.

Moli loves her carrier, in fact she sleeps in it during the night

Catsey Veteran

31-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #19

that ones all sorted, shakira wasnt a girl but a boy, so we decided not to get Him, i had heart set on a girl as have 3 boys, NOT to breed though, cos i dont agree with that. plus 2 out of 3 boys already chopped, and one waiting until better to be done!