Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
24-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #41

Re: help fomr any1 who knows about exotics

Fingers crossed for Darcy here.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-01-2006, 06:33 AM   #42

thanks for the words of encouragement.

I'm getting so frustrated with it all to be honest, I got one person saying this, one person saying that, one vet saying this, one vet saying that.
I dont know which way to turn with him. But i ahve to say he DOES seem to be sneezing less already! So I am trying to think what else may be aggrivating his nose.
I'm going to ring around and see if i can find a vet that knows more about this breed of cat, cos I'm getting more and more disheartened with the ones here. But I am going to take him to see our new vets first. See what they ahve to say now they actually see him.BUt yesterday at the CAW he had 10 trainee vets and 2 trained vets loking at him, and we only went for micro chipping lol BUt they were so nice, and were giving him cuddles and asking alla bout him etc. ( almost completely ignored the two black ones though lol).

They gave my kids a key ring each thats a little tube with a micro chip in, as my eldest was asking what they look like, and they let both the kids in the room to watch. I'dnever seen the micro chip before myself either.

I would say anyone living near enough to there it's worth going along, for free micro chipping. I was worried silly it was going to hurt my boys, but apart from an intial struggle in objection to being helddown, they were all fine.

Will have to ask the new vet about anti histamines.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
25-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #43

With some dogs easpecially boxers (they have short noses) they have allergies. Mostly in the summer months. It is mostly to pollen in the grass. One of my dogs was quite bad. When I went to the vet she weighed her and told me I would be cheeper to buy normal human anti histamines and told me how many to give going by the body weight. If you are going along that route remember you can use human ones for a fraction of the price.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #44

thanks jac, It's worth a try. He does seem a little better already. So itmay be that's all it is!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #45

Hope Mr D is feeling better!!!