Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #11

Re: help fomr any1 who knows about exotics

Your little one definately doesn't sound well CJ....I would take him to the vet and try to get it cleared up before you introduce your new kitten to the house.

Just out of interest, can anyone tell me if an exotic and an oriental is the same thing?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #12

My two are Exotic shorthairs, which is basically a shorthaired persian...Oliver is an oriential, he is the same as a siamese colour point but solid.colour, .I have never heard of a oriential being called an exotic.....

Could be wrong though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Hope you can get bit sorted out CJ, before you get your new kitten..........
Very sound advice, I would never consider bringing in another feline addition to the family until I got to the bottom of this. Anything blood stained is abnormal and being a nurse you know full well, green gungy discharge indicates infection...I really hope you get to the bottom of this!!

Catsey Veteran

20-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #14

well we got until march 11th to get him sorted out b4 shakira arrives. but of course i wouldnt brig her into the house if he still unwell.

HIs eyes being runny soemtimes i know is normal, and i have ehard of it sometimes being slightly brown.
He doesnt have green disharge. lots of snot basically lol. It bood stained far less often than it used to be.Maybe he needs more antibitoics, or maybe more tests or something.
his temp has been fine whenever vets have taken it.
I will definatly see another vet at my practice, and if still not happy go eslewhere for another opinion.
I didnt know if exotics were snotty all the time ( not snooty lol)

Hope it isnt anything to worrya bout. time will tell.
I have tried searching online tos ee what it COULD be, but cant come up with anything, off to vets agian soon

Catsey Veteran

20-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #15

just waiting for him to be sorted tog et vacinated. I still dont understand why the "breeder" didnt get him done, I mean 17 weeks old and not vaccinated? she should have got him sorted.

Global Moderator

20-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #16

CJ, did you know he was not well when you got him? The breeder should never have let you have him if he was unwell then

Catsey Veteran

20-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #17

CJK My exotics are not snotty all the time!Has he been tested fot Clymidia, some cats are carriers..........

Catsey Veteran

21-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #18

he hasnt been tested for anything, vet just kept saying it cos of his flat face, or cos of his winter virus.
We were told he sneezed occasionally before we got him, which i had asked my vet about before buying him,and was told they do occasioanlly sneeze.
My hubby went to collect him for me, and he knows nothing about cats, so didnt realise he wasnt well.
I took Mr D to the vets the next morning and got his first lot of antibitocis and was told then it looks like a winter virus, but he may have either just had flu or just getting flu. So we went back every 2-3 days with him for them to check his temperature etc, which was aways fine.
HEs had two lots of antibitoics now. BUt I just had a niggle in the back of my mind that there may be something more to this than " he's always going to do it"
If I am armed with possibilties of it may be this...or this... i can go to my vets and ask what they think about running some tests for other stuf.

Now I know i can ask about clymidia, so if anybody has any ideas at all what else it MAY be due to I would very much apprecaite you telling me, so i can ask the vet to test for them and rule them out.

I just re-read my replies, and they didnt quite come across the way i intended, i wasnt arguing with what people had said, so apologies if it appears that way. or that i wasnt listening to what was said. I do really apprecaite your advice,a lot, and am taking it all on board. I'm just saying what my vet told me, but I'm not 100% convinced. Like i said I will see if i can get a consult with another vet, if still not happy will go to diff practice altogether.
Tues we are going to the college of animal welfare at wood green animal shelter for micro chipping, so i thought i can ask there for some advice too, it doesnt hurt to get lots of opinions.
Althought we like to trust our vets / doctors there are times when we just dont trust them completely.

I found a little info online, but nothing really. If he becomes sick i'll get a vet out of hours, otherwise we have an appointment thurs morning, which i know is a bit of a wait, but the owner of the vet practice we use said if he has been like this for 6-7 weeks,and is eating, using litter tray,playing etc then it's something that although needs looking at doesnt need an emergancy appointment.

just hoping for his sake that we can get to the bottom of this.

thanks so much to everyone for your help and advice, it's such a help to have other people to fall back on!

Catsey Veteran

21-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #19

Cats are brilliant if not well at hiding it CJK, they can appear to be perfectly normal and be quite poorly.....
Hope you get it sorted out...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #20

Good luck CJ, hope Mr Darcy is alright. Give him a cuddle from me.