Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
17-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #21

Re: Doctors receptionits....aarrggg

Ceilidh is galic. You pronounce it Kay Leigh. It stands for a celibration, normally a dance .I was told after my 5th misscarage I couldnt carry wee girls. I love to prove people wrong!
She's sleeping just now but I dont think it will last. I wil be up at silly O'clock There is 10 years between her and my youngest son. Woops

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Orientals
17-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #22

Doctors receptionist are b----y awful, i think when they advertise for them, they must ask for people who apply to be rude and miserable

I made a complaint once, when i went in to collect a prescription, they didnt acknowledge me and carried on talking

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #23

We had dreadfull night with her last night. She bokes (sp) on calpol and calprofen, gets really distressed with the taste. However today I got boots own Ibuprofen and she enjoys the taste . She has picked up alot today. Her eyes are still red and hangy but her temp isn't as bad. She actually ate some dinner tonight. Thats a first since Sat. I'm hopeing she sleeps tonight (or is that too much to wish for?) Keep your fingers crossed. The only thing that I'm worried about is her cough is getting worse and it may keep her up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #24

Poor love really hope you both get a better night tonight Jac..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #25

some receptionsists are awfulla rent they. the oens that really get my goat are the ones who ask you whats wriong when you ring up! I simply reply thats between me and the doctor thank you.
Few months ago my 7 year old was really poorly, didnt eat or drink for two days, had sore throat that calpol or neurofen didnt ease, he was crying all night, vomitting etc, so on the second morning i rang to get him seen. the receptionsit said he doesnt need to see a dcotor just for a sore thorat and it will go away on it's own, keep him driking and give him calopl,
I was furious, but she simply wouldnt give me an appointment and in the end hung up on me.
That afternoon a rash appeared, within an hour he was smothered from ehad to foot, i rang back, got a different receptionsit, and was seeing a doctor within the hour. Might have been something to do with the rash, anyway he had streptococcyus bacterial throat infection, doc gave him antibitoics, said give him calpol and 3 hours later neurfoen, theree hours alter calopl and so on,
two days later he was getting better, but god knows what would ahve happened to him if i ahd been refused again.

It's all fine saying ring at 8am to get an apointment, my doctors do that every winter, i think theyre trying to put people off going, but by the time u get through all the appointments are gone.
they should still keep some open for emergancies though.

Sometimes the receptionsits think theyre god!

At least your little one gotseen in the end.
how is she doing now?
I hope she is feeling better. it's horrible to see your kids ill isnt it

Catsey Veteran

20-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #26

Guess what? There are no appointmants at the doc's today!!! and I'm waiting for the duty Doc to phone me back. Ceilidh is complainig about a sore ear and my son Darryle has a sore throte, chest and temp. It just gets better! Will let you know what happens when I talk to the Doc.
I wouldn't mind if I was one of these mum's that on the first sneeze the kids at the surgery but I'm not. I have never had a child to the Doc that hasn't left with a prescription or been admitted to hospital. Sorry rant over.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #27

I don't understand why they don't have a practice nurse on duty every morning to see anyone/everyone and do a 'triage' just like in A&E. Take all the details, do the temp/BP etc checks. Then, reassure those people who just need rest/fluids/painkillers/aspirin to lower temperature/whatever, advise the mums who are over-anxious or very new to motherhood or pass to the doctor anyone who really needs to see them.

I agree about receptionists asking what is wrong ........... unprofessional!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #28

makes me feel like saying i got a massive boil on my **** now give me that appointment

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
20-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #29

Atleast you've got a Doctor mines on holiday for a month

I poped in to see if he'd replied to the DVLA about my driving licence as when I spoke to the DVLA they said I will get my licence back sooner than June but they need my doctor to agree to it

I hope you get to speak to a Dr soon it's not nice when your children are ill and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do for them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #30

Yes mine always ask what is wrong - nosey cows!! Anyway also on the hitlist of awful people - SCHOOL SECRETARIES - anyone agree?