Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
14-01-2006, 05:33 PM   #1

non cat, weird rash can anyone help?

My little girl had a tempreture last night and looked a bit black under her eyes. She went to bed fine. This morning she had a bit of a croupy cough. We went to the kennels and then for a bite to eat. She could hardly keep her eyes open. Normally she bounces about and eats everything in sight. Anyway I noticed a dapple kind of rash on the back of her hands and up her arms. You know like granny's fireside tartan. Anyway she has a few red spots on her face. Any ideas? She is lying in front of the telly just now. No temp but lathargic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #2

Re: non cat, weird rash can anyone help?

Have you done the 'run the glass over the rash to make sure it's not meningitis' test?
http://www.meningitis-trust.org/dise...y=18&section=2
DON'T PANIC - I'm not suggesting it is, doesn't realy sound like it, does it? - just saying if you can eliminate that you can stay nice and calm and wait for it to either go away or develop into whatever it is going to be.
Could it be German Measles? That is a rash with tiredness without necessarily giving a temperature?
Or maybe it's an allergic reaction to something.

Sorry - not much help - and I hope I haven't panicked you - don't mean to.

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2006, 05:58 PM   #3

No its ok you havent panicked me. It was the first thing I thought of. I just cant think what it could be. The markings on her hands are away now but she stil has the rash on her face. Strange!!!!!
Theyre not blisters just little red pin ***** marks and nothing behind her ears

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #4

What are the spots like Jac i.e. are they rased or under the skin like a blood rash? and where exactly are they on her body? Has she got any temperature at all, even low grade? Is she taking any medication at the minute?

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #5

Fran
Glad your here. They are little red spots on her face but not behind her ears. Like pin pricks. Not raised. She has a temp on and off. One minute she's high as a kite next really flat

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #6

Just on her face Jac? No where else? How long has she had them and are they in a specific place on her face?

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #7

Fran,
I think it could be measels. Tell me what you think. Her spots are appearing as we talk. Behind her ears, face and on her back (just coming up). Her eyes (the whites) are blood shot, and really dark underneath. She has a temp but cant find my thermometor.

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #8

Jac....measles is like a blood rash, sort of under the skin if you know what I mean. Has she had all her childhood jabs? Sounds to me like you ought to get a doctor to her Jac....rather not take any chances especially with the little ones as they go downhill so quickly..

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #9

It's like a prickley heat rash. She is up to date.

Bingo she just had her latest injections about 6 weeks ago. MMR and another one cant remember what the second one was. The nurse said it would take about 6 weeks to come out. Not to worry and give her calpol

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #10

Possibly a reaction to the immunisations she has had Jac, could also be a viral rash if she has croup. Think I would give the NHS direct a ring for peace of mind though...