Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #1

worried about 6 month old

My 6 month old boy started throwing up this morning. (please dont look if youre queemish)
the first time was brown and stinky, now it yellow colour. Rang vet, they said see how he is, if he not sick again might be something he eaten, but if not better by lunch time take him in.
He doesnt go out, so I dont know whats wrong with him. VEt said maybe he eaten some of the big boys food when iw asnt looking.
I've heard so many times how serious it can be when cats throw up, so am hoping it turns out to be nothing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #2

Re: worried about 6 month old

Actually CJ, vomiting in cats is quite common and they can do it for no apparant reason. (Diarrhoea on the other hand is not common in cats and should always be investigated) How is he in himself? still bright and playful? If it's the first time he has done it and there is quite a lot then I think for peace of mind I would get him checked over by your vet. Do let us know how he gets on...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #3

Sounds like good vet advice.
Yellow sick tends to mean that their tummy is very empty - which is probably the best thing.
Make sure there's water available and keep an eye
Sure all will be well - stay cool! x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-01-2006, 10:40 AM   #4

As he is so young CJ, I would have him checked over by the vet, just to put your mind at rest.Let us know how he goes....

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #5

I've not seen him doing it before in the 6 weeks i ownde him, but thanks you HAVe put my mind at rest a bit, think i was getting vomitting mixed up with diorrhea!!!!
He is a short hair persian, so maybe he has the same trouble with hair balls that other persians do. It doesnt seem to be much, so will see how he is at lunch time.

thanks for giving me some peace of mind Fran, appreciate that! i was on the verge of making mself sick with worry!

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #6

blimey, in the time i took to write that two more replies! you guys must type faster than me lol.
he hasnt eaten much overnight, and i ahve only left water down this morning. He is his usual self, in between. so fingers crossed.
thanks everyone!

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2006, 10:44 AM   #7

My two get furballs as well, I put a couple of drops of cod liver oil in their food, it really helps...

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #8

oh i hadnt heard of that, just the neat liquid you can buy in health shops? i may try thAt too, thanks for that advice

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
oh i hadnt heard of that, just the neat liquid you can buy in health shops? i may try thAt too, thanks for that advice
Its just ordinary cod liver oil, I buy mine in Superdrug, I put 2 drops on their food....It also gives them a lovely shiny coat...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
13-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
It also gives them a lovely shiny coat...

She really uses pledge