Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

24-11-2005, 01:41 PM   #21

Re: Vets Again!!!!

Moli ~I have a kitty with one bad eye and the washings and rinsing and medications are so damned hard! I hope that your Leo gets better soon. Over here you can purchase an over the counter antibiotic Vetrinarian cream that might help you if this is a recurring problem with him. It is called Vetropolycin

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-11-2005, 01:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Piddler
Moli ~I have a kitty with one bad eye and the washings and rinsing and medications are so damned hard! I hope that your Leo gets better soon. Over here you can purchase an over the counter antibiotic Vetrinarian cream that might help you if this is a recurring problem with him. It is called Vetropolycin
Problem is, Oliver my oriential is prone to stciky eye's, resulting in the others picking it up, I get an antibotic cream from the vet call Fucithalmic, which sounds similar to yours, I can get this across the counter at the vets as its a repeat perscription...Thanks for the suggestion though....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #23

i have had nothing but trips to the vet since i gotmy exotic. When he came to us we were told he was sneezing, urns out he had all sorts of infections, had antibitoics for it, then he got ear mites, now he being sick. in 6 weeks of owning him ahve sent £100 or soon vets bills! they certainly know us by sight now
hope your boy is ok

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #24

My lot are all fighting fit now, my only problems now is, Oliver has found his voice, and talks all the time, and I thought he was going to be a quiet boy..
Exotics do tend to get mucky eyes CJ, and always sound as if they are snoring, because they have such flat noses...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #25

well he doesnt complain when i clean is eyes and nose daily, but i have to wrap him up to clean the ears lol.
I did tonnes of research into his breed before i got him, wanted to know all i could to give him best care i can. but reading text can never replace reading others experiences

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #26

There is always something the books do not tell you CJ, My old exotic Leo, he is coming up for 12, snores all the time, wether awake or asleep!!!The young one is not as bad...
Another thing I have noticed..If they eat dried food their eye's are okay, if I give them sachets of meat their eye's get sticky!!Sounds daft I know, but it seem to be true....