Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #11

Re: need some support..

I do hope things aren't as bad with Baby Bear as you are imagining, Tink .......... try to stay positive, it may be just an infection. By thinking the worst you are only getting yourself into a state and that doesn't help you or Baby Bear.

Let us know what the vet says .......... meanwhile big hugs to you, Tink and healing vibes to Baby Bear...x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
05-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #12

Tink - sending you both healing vibes an lots of hugs. I do hope it is something as simple as an ear infecton, or some other straightforward ailment for which there will be an easy solution.

I know it is very hard for you to be less anxious about things. Easy for us to say don't worry/don't panic but you don't really have control over that.

Hope you are both a bit better by now

CM x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
05-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #13

Sending you lots of hugs and get well vibes xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
05-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #14

so the vet just called me and said two or three times a day (what i told her) w/no other symptoms is not enough to be concerned, keep a diary and jot down when he does it and what's happening and if it increases to bring him in. (she knows i'm low income and won't recommend a checkup unless she thinks it's needed). so i'm a bit relieved as she is really knowledgable woman when it comes to ferrets..we've had lengthy discussions in her office on medical theories and stuff.
thanx for caring, that's where we are right now!
someone on a forum told me those were the very early signs of insulinoma for her kids and the vet overlooked it so now i'm wondering if since i can't technically afford it i should wait till the first when i get paid and just setup a blood glucose check...though i do trust my vet...hmmmm...still undecided..someone's experience with many insulinoma kids or my knowledgable vet..it wouldn't hurt to do it but it would hurt my checkbook...guess i'll just watch and see.
*edit* okay just got another reply ( personal email )from an online ferret guru who said it's also an overlooked first sign of insulinoma and if i catch the nodules this early he can lead a normal life...argh, now what? my mind is spinning with info and contradictions.

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #15

sorry tink - find it hard to advise you as I know absolutely nothing about ferrets.

It is really hard trying to juggle income against unnecessary vet bills.

Hope things work out.

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #16

thanks, i started my diary today of his behavior and it seemed it was after soup, LOL. he has bad teeth (not an emergency but i'm saving for it since i'm low income..he came that way to me, vet says it is not a problem yet but could be in future) and now that i think of it he's always kinda made weird head movements during eating. maybe it's just that? (being hopeful)

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #17

Could be some toothachey type thing - you know yourself what it can be like if you have sore or 'nervey' tooth.

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2008, 11:35 PM   #18

well actually he has a snaggletooth that prevents him from chewing normally. we are planning to shave it down because it sticks into his upper lip and remove the plaque off the teeth the kibble's not reaching. know what i mean?

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #19

yes - friends dacshund had same type of thing. Who knows tink, that could be it. I just don't have enough knowledge to make a good judgement for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #20

I'm a worrier too, Tink, with just enough knowledge to assume the worst...know what you're going thru. I also know nothing about ferrets, so all I can do is send hugs and calming vibes. I do hope and pray it's nothing serious....