Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #1

Soggy Saturday

Morning all - rather wet here, although we seem so far to have missed the thunder and lightning. Very grey and threatening more rain just now, black over the back of Bill's mother's.

We'd booked to do two half hour photography sessions with the dogs this morning at our usual agility training ground. Sadly we got there and it had been cancelled due to the weather. My OH may have learned his lesson about switching his mobile phone on

So, plan B is to make a beetroot and chocolate cake. I'll let you know how that turns out!

Have a good day folks. Stay dry if you can.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #2

Re: Soggy Saturday

afternoon angie, sorry to hear the photoshoot didnt go as planned. My Fil makes chocolate cake with beetroot in it and its really nice. im sure yours will be too.

Had a busy wee morning. I got up at 6am and took barney upto the fields to let OH have a lie in. I was under orders not to take him to the woods!! Been to the bank and then decathlon to get OH a new sleeping bag and ended up getting a double 1. Heading to tne open day at the vets then my mums to get kit we need for tomorrow nights stay at the wigwams.

Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #3

Morning all. Up now and guess what operation date for my knee middle of Sept so about 3 weeks. Yeah as its getting really bad now. Hope the operation works although hearing the recovery is more painful than the original injury....but mine who knows. Positive thinking.

Catsey Veteran

24-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning all - rather wet here, although we seem so far to have missed the thunder and lightning. Very grey and threatening more rain just now, black over the back of Bill's mother's.

We'd booked to do two half hour photography sessions with the dogs this morning at our usual agility training ground. Sadly we got there and it had been cancelled due to the weather. My OH may have learned his lesson about switching his mobile phone on

So, plan B is to make a beetroot and chocolate cake. I'll let you know how that turns out!

Have a good day folks. Stay dry if you can.
Aww what a shame the photo shoot was called off will it be rearranged? And never heard of beetroot and chocolate cake interesting
Its just threatening rain etc here a shower this morning on the way home and just after but not too bad.

Catsey Veteran

24-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
afternoon angie, sorry to hear the photoshoot didnt go as planned. My Fil makes chocolate cake with beetroot in it and its really nice. im sure yours will be too.

Had a busy wee morning. I got up at 6am and took barney upto the fields to let OH have a lie in. I was under orders not to take him to the woods!! Been to the bank and then decathlon to get OH a new sleeping bag and ended up getting a double 1. Heading to tne open day at the vets then my mums to get kit we need for tomorrow nights stay at the wigwams.

Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday
WOW you are an early doors walker. Mind you I am too when not on nights, WIGWAMS have I missed something.......a POW WOW perhaps

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #6

Kazz - good that you have a date for your op. I am sure that you will have loads of family and friends to help you get about as I expect recovery could be boring without some distractions.

Yes, the photography session will be rescheduled so we haven't lost out.

Beetroot and choc cake is out of the oven and I'm wondering if it will be cool enough to have a slice with tea later. My OH (who is the baker) made a wonderful ginger cake last weekend that was absolutely delightful and got better day to day ............. all gone now of course.

Yes, WIGWAMS, Pamela????