Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #1

Friday on my mind..

Hello Good morning!

I'm back. I have spent a very pleasant couple of days in Bath with my mum. I got a Living Social deal voucher thing for a one night stay in Pratt's Hotel and tickets for 2 hours session for both of us at the Thermae Spa. It was a gift for mum for her birthday in July.

I have to say it was excellent value for money. The hotel was a 5 min walk on the flat from the train station, which was ideal because mum has difficulty walking far and up steps etc, and again a 5 min walk into the city centre. Although the hotel was a bit tired and shabby it was clean and had wonderful staff. The spa was a revelation, I'd thoroughly recommend it. The water was so soothing, felt totally relaxed and pampered there.

We also visited the Jane Austen Centre and had a regency tea, it was all very elegant and charming. Mother said it was a memorable couple of days for her, and for me too.

My dad stayed with Ceri and took care of my fur kids too, he's a gem. All's well when we returned.

Going to catch up on your news now, see you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #2

Re: Friday on my mind..

What a lovely break for you............................I am just off to bed reply later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #3

Morning all! Sounds a wonderful break PP, so glad you both had a good relaxing time.

Our news here today is that the water people are digging up the road outside the pub ......... traffic lights, narrow road (in an already narrow road). We expect them to set up and then b****r off for the b/holiday w/end. Our water pressure is just a trickle so no showers or washing possible. Several expletives deleted.

Who can I visit for said shower and washing?????

Furbabes are all OK and don't know anything is out of the ordinary - they might start wrinkling their noses as we start getting riper!!!!

Hope everyone has a good b/hol w/end, especially if you are upwind of us!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #4

Morning ladies.
PP sounds like you and your mum have had a wonderful time.
Angie you can have s shower here or a dip in the sea,lol.
Karen,sleep well.
Dogs walked cleaning up done,.now sat on the decking listening to the sea.going to struggle when i have to go back to the real world.
Howard coming back today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #5

Thanks Shelley ....... I'm packing my bags!!! Can I bring the dogs/cats/OH too??????

Good news is the roadworks/traffic lights/lorries and men have all gone. Theory is that the pub kicked up a huge fuss about losing b/hol trade and threatened to sue. Not sure if that's true, but sounds reasonable IMO! Anyway, at least I can have a shower and wash my hair!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #6

Of course Angie