Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #1

Brighter Saturday

Morning all ...... a lot brighter here this morning, blue sky, clouds, windy and quite a bit cooler. We had an incredible hail storm last night around 11.00, too dark to see the size of some of the stones but they must have been quite large. One bounced into the kitchen through the open back door and Dora promptly crunched it up. The noise was LOUD (not just Dora crunching!); all accompanied by thunder and lightening. Luckily it all passed over within about 20 minutes and was quiet by the time we went to bed.

Pottering and more housework today. I just started grooming Dora with the Zoomgroom and was amazed at how much fur a short haired dog could lose. OH has taken outside to complete the grooming, still a wee bit careful in case I have a reaction.

We have a very busy day tomorrow. OH is taking Dora to a new dog class in the morning - Rally Obedience (which our usual trainer has been competing in with her own dogs). A monthly class for 2 hours. We decided to try Dora out as Monty is getting less and less interested in training. In the afternoon, I will take Monty to meet up with OH and Dora for a fun agility competition and BBQ. OH will be running Monty and I will be minding Dora, who, hopefully will be tired out from using her brain in the morning. The agility trainer is using one of her paddocks for car parking, so if Dora is really tired she can go in the car with a bone or something to keep her amused. These dogs are keeping us busy!

Kizzy's leg seems less swollen this morning, she is acting fine and jumping on/off things as normal. I know cats are very good at hiding pain but I am sure that she would have let me know if I was hurting her this morning as I was touching her leg and giving a bit of a probe. I am going to phone the vet on Monday I think just in case it is a symptom of something else.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday. Cuddles to Catsey cats from me.