Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #1

Limping Wednesday

Hi folks, title is because I turned my ankle at dog training last evening and am limping as a result. Quite painful and I had a bad night, ending up around 2.00 am with my foot in a bowl of cold water with an ice block being ministered to by Kizzy and Pip, lovely concerned cats - they seemed to like drinking the water in the bowl.

Anyway I am hopping off in a mo to go out to tea with a couple of ex work colleagues, so I'll be taking a walking stick with me ................ aaaaaaaarrrrgh!

Hope everyone else is well and having a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
31-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #2

Re: Limping Wednesday

Aww Angie. Hope your ankle is better soon. Have a lovely time out and about but do take care x
I have been living a relatively quite life recently. Barney is doing well although he wet our bed again last night. Off to a dog class tomorrow night as we have been advised to take him along to help improve his social skills as he can be aggressive with other dogs just now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #3

Ouch Angie.........hope your walking stick matches your clothing though. And you enjoyed your trip out could have been better timing though.

Pamela sounds like Barney is a little stressed and maybe that is part of his issue with other dogs as they are picking up on it.

I think I asked before but what is his history? did the rescue tell you about his behaviour around other dogs?
Mind you still early days.

Right guess what I have done today..................That's right I have slept and off to work again tonight.

See you all tomorrow.
i

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
31-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #4

They told us he was good with other dogs. Have spoken to a behaviourist and from the info given and questions asked by her it seems as if he feels he has to protect us partly because we stress with other dogs when he is on the lead and he is picking up on that and also because he is still really brand new and we are trying now to set boundaries to help reduce the protection issue. Off to a dog class of ,10 tomorrow eve though we told the guy we weren't sure, he said to take barney down. Going to be interesting!!!

Hope you have a good "day" at work