Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
22-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #51

Re: Another Show Brag...SORRY!!!

You do have to qualify for the Supreme at another GCCF cat show. If your cat is an adult by the 1st June2006 then to qualify they must win a CC. If however they are still a kitten (that being up to 9 months) by that date, born after the 1st September 2005, then they can qualify by winning an Open class. This is for pedigrees. For household pets you have to win an Open class.

Fran I don't know whether I am going to Doncaster or up to Scotland that day. It will all depend on the judges.

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #52

Carly why can't you show Alisha at the Supreme???? You are just making excuses. Now go and get her entered and qualified and no arguing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
You do have to qualify for the Supreme at another GCCF cat show. If your cat is an adult by the 1st June2006 then to qualify they must win a CC. If however they are still a kitten (that being up to 9 months) by that date, born after the 1st September 2005, then they can qualify by winning an Open class. This is for pedigrees. For household pets you have to win an Open class.

Fran I don't know whether I am going to Doncaster or up to Scotland that day. It will all depend on the judges.
Thanks for that info Kay...so kittens can't gain cc's then? They have to wait until they are adult? I knew she had to have been shown and qualify inorder to go to the supreme. Still don't think I have got time to show her for her to qualify.

Let me know which show you decide to go to Kay..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-06-2006, 03:43 PM   #54

ME show alisha at the supreme? erm..........

But I gotta get her into another show before then dont i?
I'm confused by it all!!! (NOT difficult with me I know)

Let me see if i can get her entered into soemthing then!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
22-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #55

CJ - You have to enter and win the Open. I have no idea how difficult that would be.

Fran - she'll be old enough to show by mid September, surely you can find an Open class to win before then? Can't be *that* many Lilac-point Siamese! If you feel she's still too young, then I'll back off. Promise.

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #56

Fran and Carly, the last qualifying shows for the Supreme are on the 9th September and are the Wyvern in Birminham (entries close 8th August) and the Northern Counties in County Durham (entries close 5th August). Alisha will definitely be old enough. What was Porsha's date of birth Fran she may just be old enough?

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #57

little chance of us winning the open class, but I'm looking for one within resonable traveling distnatce we could go to with her. If not we'll just pop along to the supreme as spectators and catnappers!

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
CJ - You have to enter and win the Open. I have no idea how difficult that would be.

Fran - she'll be old enough to show by mid September, surely you can find an Open class to win before then? Can't be *that* many Lilac-point Siamese! If you feel she's still too young, then I'll back off. Promise.
Just been working it out. Think they have to be 14 weeks old to show do they? She would enter the tortie classes being a tortie I should imagine. Will have to look for shows for her but don't want to travel too far on her first outing being so young. Would I still have time to get myself entered for the Supreme if she did qualify?

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #59

i'm sure county durham is near newcaslte upon tyne isnt it? If so I have relatives up there Maybe a trip to see mommy or daddy is in order! If i can talk them into ahving Alisha there for a night or two.

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
Fran and Carly, the last qualifying shows for the Supreme are on the 9th September and are the Wyvern in Birminham (entries close 8th August) and the Northern Counties in County Durham (entries close 5th August). Alisha will definitely be old enough. What was Porsha's date of birth Fran she may just be old enough?
Don't think she will be old enough Kay. I've Pm'd you