Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
21-06-2006, 04:01 PM   #11

Re: Another Show Brag...SORRY!!!

I sort of understand now LOL both mine are moggies so no showing for me - but would love to attend a show if any were near me x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #12

blimey, they'll be a cp day out to cat shows soon lol!!!!

I'll be the one with the bag over my head

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
21-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet
I sort of understand now LOL both mine are moggies so no showing for me - but would love to attend a show if any were near me x
There is no reason why you shouldn't show your lovely cats under the Household Pet Section, lots of people do. I am coming down to Thornbury on the 26th August for the West of England and South Wales show why don't you pop along to that and we could meet. Better still why don't you enter there are quite a variety of classes and entries don't close until the 5th July.

Go on give it a go.

Catsey Veteran

21-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
blimey, they'll be a cp day out to cat shows soon lol!!!!

I'll be the one with the bag over my head
I know what the bag is for really....

Pinching all those lovely cats.

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
21-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #15

Did my showing with dogs, Kay, had a wonderful time with them. We looked long and hard at the AVHP and rescue but India although beautiful in spirit lacks good looks I'm afraid, having lost all her teeth as the result of an accident to her mouth, and although called black you can definately see that dad was a ginger tom!!! But we love her. Logoes

Catsey Veteran

21-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #16

I would be nervous, apart from paperwork what would it involve ? x

Catsey Veteran

21-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #17

Logoes I to showed dogs but got a bit disillusioned with it..... the person on the end of the lead being judged rather than the dog in many cases. I am sure India is very beautiful both inside and out as are all cats.

Sweet, the paperwork is pretty easy once you have done it, like anything, and if you neede help you could ring me (I will pm you my phone number if you want). Your cats have to have their vaccinations up to date and you will have to show the vaccination card at vetting in. Vetting in is the most nerve wracking part of the day I think because a vet can refuse entry for even the slightest thing. This is usual between 7.30 and 9.30 depending on the show after this you are not allowed in. You have to have an all white show kit which comprises of a white blanket, white litter tray, white food bowl (although food must not be left in the cage during judging) and a hite water bowl. You can get these online from Purrsonal Touch. At about 10.00 you are asked to leave the hall while judging takes place and you are usually let back in along with the general public at about 12.30. It is really good fun and I get withdrawal symptoms if I haven't shown for a while so give it a go. We can meet outside and I could guide you through it if you wanted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #18

ok, so lots of white things, and a VERY large empty crate.
Think i'll phone huby at work and ask hima bout cat show. he isnt meant to take personal calls, though his boss doesnt mind if he's quick, so I can rush him, get him fustered and hope he agrees in a rush lol

Catsey Veteran

21-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #19

Sounds tempting even for just the experience. So the cats are left in pens/cages to be judged?

Yep pm me your telephone number and I will seriously think x

Catsey Veteran

21-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
ok, so lots of white things, and a VERY large empty crate.
Think i'll phone huby at work and ask hima bout cat show. he isnt meant to take personal calls, though his boss doesnt mind if he's quick, so I can rush him, get him fustered and hope he agrees in a rush lol
Go for it Carly and give me a ring if you get stuck with the entry form. Thats if you haven't lost my number again...