Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
20-09-2007, 10:00 PM   #11

Re: Im At The Limits With Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Can I just add that if you do use the water spray then the cats shouldnt know that it came from you. It has to be like some sort of act of god and you have to be dead sneaky with it.
Yes good point Elaine

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainCoonX, SnowShoeX, & Their Baby
21-09-2007, 04:11 AM   #12

They have scratched at the couch but I have stopped that and now its the carpet and the bed where they are scratching. I had absolutly no idea that declawing was done like that!! None at all!! Thats Aweful!!! I feel bad for even thinking it now! As far as litter I have used clay in the past and they liked it but I thought that Baxter was eating it so I switched to the pine/ceder litters. Ive switched between a few of those and they dont seem to like them because of the smell (I assume). So I have gotten another thing of a clay and we will see how it goes. Thanks everyone for the help, any other tips??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
21-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #13

The pet behave spray that Babycakes suggested sounds like it could be worth a try. I just read an article about when cats claw things they are scentmarking as well as exercising the claws so if they are feeling the need to scentmark a lot, the feliway could well be worth a try. Also maybe try a catnip spray or sprinkle/rub dried catnip on all their scratching posts / pads - it might attract them to scratch more there.

I think that changing the litter back to what you know they like is a good idea too. Not sure about cats eating the clay tho Not seen that before.

Hope you make some headway on it all tho, you obviously care for them a great deal and it's stressing you out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #14

Jess I hope things have improved somewhat by now. It must be extremely difficult for you. Is there no way you can exclude them from your bedroom until they have re-trained themselves to use the litter tray?
World's Best is a very good litter - good for cats and owners, except that it is initially expensive. It lasts ages though.
I know you've abandoned the de-clawing thoughts - so pleased. Here's a previous thread, containing a link to details of the procedure http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php...ight=declawing
Now, imagine using a litter tray after that - can you even start to imagine the pain of scooping litter with your hands after having the top joints of your fingers surgically removed?