Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
24-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #11

Re: holly the tabby tortoise shell cross and scruffy the blue and cream persian

heheh both beautiful cats, love the grumpy expressions

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
27-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #12

Two gorgeous babies. I think that Scruffy is a Blue-cream Colourpoint Persian rather than a blue/cream as she has blue eyes. Colourpoint Persians are the only Persian to have blue eyes, other than a blue eyed White, blue/cream's have copper eyes.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: tabby/tortie mix and persian
27-01-2008, 01:39 AM   #13

thats interesting, ive never been told that before, because she was a stray we havent got her papers, our vet said she was a blue/cream but diddnt really elaborate any more than that, thanks. it makes her sound quite posh, i have looked at persian sites and they havent really told me anything that i havent had to learn anyway just tips in brushing, showing etc, i figure you must be a persian lover to be so clued up, she is my first long hair and i had to learn fast but even after 8 years with us getting regular brushing her hair still grows in strangly where it was matted for so long before we took her in,she looks great but never quite as perfect as other persians hence her name.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
27-01-2008, 01:50 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbletum
thats interesting, ive never been told that before, because she was a stray we havent got her papers, our vet said she was a blue/cream but diddnt really elaborate any more than that, thanks. it makes her sound quite posh, i have looked at persian sites and they havent really told me anything that i havent had to learn anyway just tips in brushing, showing etc, i figure you must be a persian lover to be so clued up, she is my first long hair and i had to learn fast but even after 8 years with us getting regular brushing her hair still grows in strangly where it was matted for so long before we took her in,she looks great but never quite as perfect as other persians hence her name.
Sometimes when they get really matted like that they are often shaved to start again from scratch because it never seems to grow back right. Kay is top notch on her Persians though, she will have some tips for you i'm sure!

A pair of lovely cats you have.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #15

Scruffy is just adorable!! She certainly looks like she's displeased with something though (don't they always)

I have a solid blue boy and a lilac cream girl (both bought from breeders over 10 years ago), and I used to have a cream boy. The cream boy was a rescue and he had to be partially shaved to loose his mats so I know what you mean about the fur growning back 'not quite right'.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 magical moggies
27-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #16

2 lovely looking cats, I love the tabby/tortoise colouring. I think tabby's are so cute Look forward to more pics

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
28-01-2008, 12:32 AM   #17

I am a Persian lover I have 11. I breed and show them in particular the Colourpoint Persians. I have a Black, a Red, a Red/white Bicolour, a Blue-cream, a Tortoiseshell and the Colourpoints are a Creampoint, a Sealpoint and 4 Seal-tortiepoints. If you ever need any advice or tips place pm me and I will try and help.