Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
12-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #11

Re: Buddies insurance?

Never heard of Buddies.

I use M & S for all mine. Misty's insurance is due for renewal this month and the premium has more than doubled! From £64 to £121!! and I haven't even made a claim. I spoke to M&S and they said AXA has changed the way the insurance is calculated. I went online and got a new quote and it was £100 . They couldn't explain that. I did a search on many different companies and M & S were still cheaper, so I will cancel the old policy and take out a new one with them although this seems daft. Some companies wont insure him as he will be 10 in May. I have to say that the quote is for a nil excess, and no other companies can match this.

I have claimed once with M & S for Caleb, they paid out but it took some time, not as quick as Petplan.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #12

Nil excess is very good Kim - no wonder it is relatively expensive. I'vs never seen one before they seem to be all about £30 excess, which just about covers any 'minors' visit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
12-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #13

Ive had dealings with Pet plan and found them great. There customer enquirey line is good as well although there only as good as the knowlage the person is that's dealing with you (if that makes sence)
I had a couple of claims with Axa (car) and found them really naff.Havent heard of Buddies, sorry

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
12-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Nil excess is very good Kim - no wonder it is relatively expensive. I'vs never seen one before they seem to be all about £30 excess, which just about covers any 'minors' visit.
DM, Petplan put the excess on Sasha's policy up to £75 and 15% of the cost of the claim, because she is now over 10. Makes you wonder what exactly you're paying the premiums for! M&S were much cheaper and with no excess. You do have a choice of paying an excess with M&S for a smaller premium, but it is only a few pounds cheaper and as you say most claims are under £30 and so it is worth it.