Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
31-03-2021, 08:24 AM   #1

Cooler Wednesday.

Good morning everyone,
Welcome to Wednesday. It's been a cooler day today and heavy rain is forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning. It's actually 7,45 pm here Wednesday evening and getting a bit chilly. I;m loving it.Yesterday, i went down to the nurse to have a BP check and you're not going to believe it - my BP has dropped really low . , way below normal. Then of course I was in a real dilemma as i was meant to start the cardiologist's med today to lower it. I rang up his nurse and YES, I was told to start it. Anyway. I worried about it most of the night, but long story short, this morning i took the pill. - it's only half a pill actually. I don't increase the dosage for 2 weeks.Can't say it's made me feel any better. I'm a bit light headed , no worse and no better,Today i went to a dietican to find out what foods i can /cannot eat on a low potassium diet. She said she'd email me some data. I'm still waiting. !!! This is getting ridiculous. Tomorrow, I'll find some info myself on the internet, and I'll have another BP test on Tuesday as well as a blood test to check my potassium levels haven't risen with this new med.

PAMELA, good for you completing that 10k run on Monday night Poor Skye .That's odd she has lost a patch of fur like that. She wasn't given a flea treatment at the same time, was she ? That can cause fur loss, so I hear. I was reading of the dangers of the seresto flea collars for dogs and cats that have been linked to cancers. I'm so pleased that you are taking Skye back to that other vet soon. I wouldn't worry about the insurance if you stop the boosters. My cats have only ever had homeopathic vaccines at first and no boosters whatsoever and my pet insurance has accepted that, no worries..Personally I feel that it's not necessary for all these boosters for well cared for pets, but that's just my personal opinion.

SHELLEY,I'm glad Chris enjoyed his birthday buffet and of course he would love his sweatshirts.I see you're enjoying the sunny weather. Long may it last. Hope your visit to see dad was enjoyable. Does he live reasonably close to you ?

YOLA, glad the vaccine effects have left you a bit and you're starting to feel a lot better.I bet you enjoyed the sunny weather yesterday and let's hope it's a nice sunny day today as well.You are such a good mum, taking such an interest in your son's sporting activities. You're going to be busy though, but that's what mum's do. Your son must be very talented. I'm glad you are now off those horrid anti-inflammatories too .They do play havoc with your tummy, although sometimes they are very necessary. for pain.

KAZZ, hope all is well with you and Gert, and you, too, are enjoying some good weather.

Well everyone, have a great Wednesday. Not long until Easter now. Hope everyone has an ample supply of yummy Easter treats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-03-2021, 12:10 PM   #2

Re: Cooler Wednesday.

Afternoon from sunny Preston.
A day gardening for me.
Dinky, you are really having a rough time. I hope everything stabalises soon for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
31-03-2021, 07:49 PM   #3

Re: Cooler Wednesday.

Evening Dinky and Shelley,

Its been cool here as well today.

Dinky what a nightmare with your BP tablets!! The fact that your BP has dropped so much as well so quickly must be worrying as well. Heres hoping it gets sorted out!!

Shelley, how did your gardening go? I really need to get mine weeded!!

I spent most of the day with my dad today. It would have been mum and dads 43rd wedding anniversary today and i didnt want him being on his own today so i took the day off work. We just went shopping to Costco and a couple of other shops. Was just nice spending time with him.

Dinky, i have used seresto collars on the dogs quite a few times and never had any issues with them. The dogs had no adverse reactions to them. I am going to look into the insurance and boosters as she has reacted a couple of times but never loosing fur but i will speak to the vet when i can about it and see what he says.

Take care everyone