Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
23-03-2021, 07:45 AM   #1

Warm, sunny Tuesday.

Good morning everyone,Sorry i haven't had time to post over the last few days, but I've had one of my wee grandchildren staying here, but gone home now, thank goodness. Luckily he's a quiet wee dude and Janna looked after him mainly. I've been OK, but feel my BP is still high. I'm going to have it checked tomorrow morning and also a blood test for my sodium levels. If my BP is still not right, I'll have to try the BP meds that the cardiologist recommends.

It's been hottish today at 23 degrees with no cloud cover but is meant to rain in the morning ,then remain cloudy, thank goodness.Got all my washing dry today anyway. Idiot me decided to wash my really nice bathroom mat in the washing machine and it's sort of disintegrated a bit. I should have just hand washed it.It was really nice with little foxes on it , but will have to try and find another similar one. OH RATS. !!!

PAMELA,, gosh you must have had a super busy Saturday, clearing out your garage. That BBQ lunch in the garden must have been wonderful. I'm so pleased that you saved the life of that bee too. Reminds me of my son, Paddy, when he was a little 3 year old - in rainy weather, he'd pick up all the worms that he found crawling on the foot paths and put them back into the garden, so they wouldn't get trodden on. Glad you managed to enjoy the sun on Sunday and get out on the bikes - ice cream and chips and a visit to your dad and sister would have been the perfect end to a great day. I'm sorry that the sun didn't last for you yesterday, but at least you were able to get out for a run last night.

SHELLEY, I'm sure your son and his fiance would have been thrilled to receive those bikes. AND you have one more week of working from home. I bet you'll find it a lot easier to work from your office. You are lucky having 2 weeks off over Easter. Are you planning to go away or just stay at home and relax ? I guess it depends on the covid restrictions. Whatever you do ,it will be a good break for you and the pups will enjoy it. I do hope your oldest son is a wee bit happier now.

YOLA, gosh, you are really taking this exercise seriously with your bike rides and your long walks. I can see why you would be a bit sore. It's good you got a nice sunny day yesterday and i hope that the weather will be fine on your day off at the end of the week. Weather forecasts can often be wrong, at least our ones here often are.Sorry about your heel being sore now, but hopefully your doctor/physio can treat it successfully.I'm sure your feet look fine, but fair enough wanting to get a pedi first.

KAZZ, hope you and Gert are doing well and looking forward to Easter.

My eldest daughter, Brenna, moves into her new home in May. She and Jared designed it themselves and it's further out in the country than their present house.It's a huge house - why they wanted such a big one I really don't know, although they do have 4 little ones. She wants to take me out there to see it, but i said i'll wait until it is finished and they have moved in.They plan to get their dog, once they are settled.Wanted a Shiba Inu, but at $7000 for a puppy,, they think it's a little expensive. I have suggested a rescue dog, but knowing my daughter,I think she's going to go for a pedigree puppy, around medium size.She has also offered to buy me an English Mastiff puppy for Mothers day. which would be coming form Australia. I know she means well, but I told her that i was NOT interested. I have a good chance of getting Ruby from a Mastiff breeder that I know here in Christchurch, once she has a final litter of puppies. She will then be spayed and then will be up for adoption at the end of the year. Ruby has been bought up with cats so would be perfect here, and she would have a good home with me.We shall see.

Well everyone, have a good Tuesday, and stay safe.Hope the sun shines for you all today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-03-2021, 10:27 AM   #2

Re: Warm, sunny Tuesday.

Morning everyone and evening Dinky.
Work today with a few zooms.
Dinky we aren't able to go away for Easter due to restrictions, hopefully by May we might be able to go to the caravan again.
No plans over Easter.
Howard had his jab yesterday and feels as if he is a bit hung over but basically OK.
Yola, you are doing well with the walking, shame about your achilles though.
I'm trying to do a couple of short power walks a week.
Pamela and Kazz hope your day goes well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-03-2021, 09:13 PM   #3

Re: Warm, sunny Tuesday.

Evening everyone,

It has starting pouring of rain here.

Dinky, that must have been nice having your grandson staying with you. How old is he? I hope your cardiologist tablets will help with your BP. Your eldest daughters house sounds as if it will be lovely and lots of space for the little ones!! That is a lot for a puppy. I do hope she goes for a rescue. Thats great news about Ruby, keeping everything crossed!!

Shelley, thats great Howard has had his vaccination. Fingers crossed you get to the the caravan when restrictions ease a bit.

Yola, well done on your walking.

We had Skye at the vet for her boosters. We saw the vet that dealt with Mias paw but i wasnt happy with her tonight. She came out and got Skye then phoned me to tell me that she needs teeth out and she has lost weight. She didnt bring Skye back out to me, she sent a nurse out with her. I had a few questions i wanted to ask the vet if she had brought her out. I have no idea what weight Skye is just now or how many teeth they are talking about taking out or if its back or front teeth. Im not happy at all. I am going to book another appointment with the vet we usually go to as he always comes out to talk to us and is happy to answer any questions. I just felt as if the vet tonight was just wanting to get finished at 7pm which is when they close.

Will keep you updated!!