Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #1

Circus Lions Demo Yesterday

http://news.stv.tv/north/299843-demo...s-high-school/

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #2

Re: Circus Lions Demo Yesterday

Were you at the demo Elaine?

Catsey Veteran

18-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #3

Yes, I was the one with the dogs in the video clip.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-11-2014, 11:57 PM   #4

So quick that bit I didn't spot you ......... looked as if it was chucking it down too. Good for you.

Catsey Veteran

19-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #5

It was very cold and wet. Only about a dozen of us turned up sadly but we made the impact we wanted and took a lot of abuse from the farmers hand, we also received threats from one of the circus trainers and our names and addresses posted on the internet with the threat of counter protests at our homes by them lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #6

Thomas Chipperfield looks like a nice enough lad, but I think his title of 'Lion Tamer' is a complete misnomer as no lion should be 'tamed'. They are wild animals and that is their beauty.

Well done on your protest Elaine, I hope it has the desired effect - you should have taken your hood down so we could see you though!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #7

Good for you Elaine. I admire your actions. Let's hope your protest will have the desired effect and at least draw attention to the plight of these beautiful wild creatures that are forced to live such a miserable life.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #8

Those poor lions were demonstrating that mind numbing behaviour of pacing in those cages, that is so sad. I dare say they are fed well and have a clean bill of health but that is not the same as freedom. There is no place in a circus for animal acts of any kind. Glad to know these big cats have champions in Scotland, Elaine.

Catsey Veteran

19-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #9

Exactly, Thomas Chipperfield and his buddies claim these big cats are just like our domestic cats because they were born and raised in captivity, he also said they don't know any better, what ever the hell that's supposed to mean. You cannot compare a big cat to one of our kitties. The pacing behaviour, we all know, is a coping strategy for stress which after a long period of time becomes a habitual behaviour, a bit like a Victorian mental institute, with some one rocking constantly in a corner, we don't see these behaviours in big cats in the wild.
We are trying to think what our next course of action should be but as there are currently 2 performing circus's in the UK which use animals and bill is being reviewed shortly, I could ask you all to write to your mp's asking for their stance on it and encouraging them to stand against it.
Thanks xxx