Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
13-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #1

Sunday Thread

It looks like good weather out there today, hope it stays!

I've got loads of laundry and sorting to do because as usual, I'm off to Normandy with year 8 tomorrow for a week (got to be at school for the coach at 5.00am!)

Yesterday we were about to set off for Bristol to visit the little cocker spaniel puppy we're getting in August when we noticed my car had been vandalised for the 2nd time in a week. This time they'd snapped off the rear wiper arm, so by the time I reported it we ended up setting off a bit later than intended. The puppy of course is absolutely gorgeous but the photos didn't really work out, I'll see if I can do anything with them and put them on after I get back from France, I just don't have time today.

Have a lovely day and see you all in a week, BYE!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
13-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #2

Re: Sunday Thread

Morning
Been up since silly O'clock. Dont know why and it didn't have anything to do with Ola. She slept with Ceilidh last night.
I have one of my "feelings" something isnt right. Dont know what or with who and it's really annoying.
Dont have any plans for today yet.
Oh and my heating is on. It's cold and wet here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-07-2008, 08:36 AM   #3

Morning Mrs H, Jac and everyone.... yeah SUN!!!
now doesn't that make you feel good.
OK, so it's the last day of my week's leave but I'm going to make the most of it, intend to go to off to the hills this pm and do a bit of walking. See you all later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
13-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #4

Morning! It's sunny here too!
Up earlier than usual for a Sunday as Imogen wants to play She and Kindly are now sunbathing on the window sill!
Planning to spend today making a 'nappy cake' for my cousin whos baby's due next week and then some of the never-ending housework.
Have a good day everyone. xxx

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #5

Whats a "nappy cake"? If you dont mind me asking

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #6

Breaking news......

We have sunshine in Edinburgh. I'm going to take a photo so I can remember what it looks like

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
13-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Whats a "nappy cake"? If you dont mind me asking
I don't mind you asking at all! Basically, you roll up nappies and use them to make a tiered cake. I made one for one of the nurses at work last year, popping a few vests etc in with the nappies then all the other staff bought little gifts etc to decorate the tiers.
This pic is the half-finished 'cake'
[IMG]
[/IMG]

We covered it with little bibs, socks, toys etc and wrapped the whole thing in cellophane.

The best thing is that the nappies are held together by elastic bands so they can all be used for the little one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #8

Morning! Sun's shining brilliantly here. Had to happen after a week of absolute pants holiday weather. OH's just taken the boys to the supermarket as house is bereft of food. I'm about to tackle the front lawn; mowing and some edging to get them nice and straight. Have to phone the path man later who will be removing our horrid old concrete path later in the week and laying a sandstone and brick one.

Cats are all SO happy to see us back. They all kept popping into the bedroom during the night and squeaking at me to check that we're still there. No sulks which is good, and they have all been SO well looked after

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #9

Morning all!

It's a lovely sunny morning here too, all the plants will shoot up now after the rain we've had!

Catching up on the chores today and have a line of washing out drying lovely!

MrsH
~ hope you have a wonderful time in France and your pupils are on their best behaviour for you

Have a good day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
13-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #10

Hiya Everyone

Not posted for a while, but I have been browsing a little.. Been very busy with corusework and my job and stuff so not had much chance. Just got back from a party and i feel tired! Hope everyone is good

Tom