Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #1

Daily thread~ Friday

Things are looking up!
A squeak of sunshine thru the clouds...
The ground is still very wet tho and Posh insists on just sitting in puddles on the patio then coming in for a good wash down; well it amuses her for a while.

Life a bit chaotic around here, hospital visits and general house work haven't made my week's holiday from work easy but it's needed doing. Mam is 71 today (she'd hate me for telling you!) going over with a big cake for sharing with the nurses and staff.
Have a good day.
Nette x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread~ Friday

Morning all

I'm waiting for a call from Turkey. Weather isnt that great but it's fair for a change.
Going back to Pets at Home today as the carrier I bought yesterday is broken and the scratch poll doesn't fit together properly. Over 70 quid of rubbish the think is I dont have my recipt but I know what time I was there and who served me so that should go for something (I hope)
Ceilidh stayed with Derek last night so the house is quiet. Darryle's away to work.
Oh what to do with myself today?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #3

Morning Nette, morning all!

We have sunshine too.....and what a difference it makes too!!
Will probably get out in the garden this afternoon to see if all the rain has swamped the plants

Normal jobs around the house to do, a shopping trip to Sainsbury's and a cake to make for later.

Have a good day all!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 DSH
11-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #4

Morning all

No sunshine here I'm afraid. Just horrible grey clouds yet again

I've just got back from taking my children to school & now I've got to wait for an electrictian to come a fix one of my light fittings.

Rest of the day is going to be cleaning, oh what fun

Hope everyone has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
11-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #5

Afternoon all. Its raining cats and dogs here. Just had to bath Albert and blowed dried him. Having internet problems at the moment some times i can get on others i cant my brothers coming around in morning to sort it out. Not much more planned for the day appart from pick my daughters Angela and Rebecca from school. Its Angelas last day at primary school today as well so i possibly might cry. Hope i can get on later.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #6

Afternoon.

I'm just away to go for a bath and get my hair sorted. It's my Raechels yr 6 prom tonight and I'm one of the chaperones. So when she comes in from school the 2.5 hours before it starts will be taken up with getting her ready lol.
Off to see some family tomorrow, so will try and get pics on tomorrow night.

Jane I know how you feel, next friday is my Raechels last day at primary. I'm dreading it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #7

Hello all. Not too bad here today, but not what you'd call a typical July day. Blue sky, blowy and threatening rain.

OH and I have just buried Polly at the bottom of the garden under the shade of the walnut tree, next to some roses.

Filled up the peanut feeders - b***** s******* (sorry Eileen!) has broken the big peanut feeder that the young woodpecker likes the best. Think we can probably fix it with some wire. OH's friend shoots s********, so may have to get him to come and say goodbye to the pesky rodent.

Got lots of transcription to do now and will probably be working some of the weekend on a rush job.

Don't worry though, I'll be Catseying fairly often!

Happy Birthday to your man Nette, hope she's feeling better and able to enjoy her cake.

Jac - I bet I know what you'll be doing with your day - playing with Ole!

Do hope your daughter enjoys her prom, Alex!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Hello all. Not too bad here today, but not what you'd call a typical July day. Blue sky, blowy and threatening rain.

OH and I have just buried Polly at the bottom of the garden under the shade of the walnut tree, next to some roses.

Filled up the peanut feeders - b***** s******* (sorry Eileen!) has broken the big peanut feeder that the young woodpecker likes the best. Think we can probably fix it with some wire. OH's friend shoots s********, so may have to get him to come and say goodbye to the pesky rodent.

Got lots of transcription to do now and will probably be working some of the weekend on a rush job.

Don't worry though, I'll be Catseying fairly often!

Happy Birthday to your man Nette, hope she's feeling better and able to enjoy her cake.

Jac - I bet I know what you'll be doing with your day - playing with Ole!

Do hope your daughter enjoys her prom, Alex!

Have a good day everyone.
Angie, my deepest sympathy at your s******l problem! You can shoot them there? How wonderful; we cannot.....
Another lovely day, cloudless blue skies and 26C so far before lunch. My iris that I'd ordered in January came late yesterday, got them planted this morning after the market run. The catbird got around the barrier and pecked the second tomato; I am going to eat the unpecked part..may not be sanitary, but I've been waiting for them for months... and I have a great immune system anyway! What a shame that you all are having such a lot of rain..

Jac: hope the exchange/refund goes well.
Nette: happy birthday to your mam!!
Mags: hope the garden is OK after the deluges...

Hoping for drier days and some sunshine for all...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #9

Not sure it's legal, Eileen ..... but ..............!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #10

Evening all.
Busy busy busy here and am just away out to let two cockateils spread their wings for a bit, just hope I can get them back in their cages again
Hope to catch you all later