Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
21-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #21

Re: New kitchen - works in progress

Chloe still supervising the proceedings, I see. Misty look less sure, maybe she's also thinking "it should already be here now"?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
Chloe still supervising the proceedings, I see. Misty look less sure, maybe she's also thinking "it should already be here now"?
Chloe just sad her "mountain" is disappearing

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #23

Bit more progress today. Hope it hurries up as the cats are fed up being shut in my bedroom until I get home from work. (Hope no one thinks I am being cruel).

The emergency electrical work was done this morning and the ceiling has been plastered. Also had a bit of a stud wall put up and plastered over to cover up all the pipes and allow the integrated appliances to fit in well.

Nothing happening tomorrow, but works begin on Monday again. Can finally now start the kitchen installation.

Oh, and I also had a gas leak!!!

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #24

*Very* cruel. Think of all the fun they would have "helping" the builders. You wouldn't have much house left.

Gas-leak sounds ominous and scary. Presumably quickly found and fixed?

Catsey Veteran

23-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #25

Quote:
*Very* cruel. Think of all the fun they would have "helping" the builders. You wouldn't have much house left.

Gas-leak sounds ominous and scary. Presumably quickly found and fixed?
They would not have fun with the builders - they are scared of their own shadow, let alone two big hairy men who make TONS of noise!!! Also, worried they would get out the front door as it is being left open a lot as the builders are in and out, and I dont let them out the front at all and only supervised/short trips out the back.

The gas leak was caused by pipes getting moved in the demolition of the old kitchen and was only a small leak. All sorted now

Catsey Veteran

23-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #26

And you're still worried you're being less than nice to the cats by keeping them safe and out of the worst of the noise? They've trained you well, but it is exactly where they should be, IMHO.
Any light at the end of the tunnel? Past the worst bit? New kitchens are worth the hassle, but *only* in hind-sight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #27

Donna, it sounds like living hell for you right now!! Just keep that finshed, end result in sight It will be all worth it in the end x

Catsey Veteran

23-04-2006, 09:59 AM   #28

Quote:
And you're still worried you're being less than nice to the cats by keeping them safe and out of the worst of the noise? They've trained you well, but it is exactly where they should be, IMHO.
Any light at the end of the tunnel? Past the worst bit? New kitchens are worth the hassle, but *only* in hind-sight.
Light at the end of the tunnel is that all the "unexpected" works are now done so the kitchen can start to be installed tomorrow. OUt today to buy some microwave friendly foods

Catsey Veteran

23-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Donna, it sounds like living hell for you right now!! Just keep that finshed, end result in sight It will be all worth it in the end x
Keeping calm Fran, keeping calm

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-04-2006, 11:03 AM   #30

I bet a little bit of excitement is creeping in at the thought of the kitchen being installed tomorrow Donna!