Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
10-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #71

Re: Newbie here! can anybody help?

he hasnt ate anything else, but he has been syringe fed all day so maybe not hungry? will give him some more water before bed and leave a few different things out to see what he eats, hopefully something! yes he must still be feeling off, he wee'd on my oh an the couch yest aswell! hi elaine, the vet said his urea levels were off the chart and his phosphates were still up, and the creatinine ones were down. i have been continuing with the powder for that. the other tablet he got was periactin, to boost his appetite. i have some sardines for him tonight and will also see if he will take some ham, think i saw the applaws in my local pet shop, might take a wander down on my lunch break tomorrow! he's going back on friday, i imaginge they'l run another blood test, what are my options if his levels still arent down? oh the mushy food he got was hills prescription for cats and dogs

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #72

There may be several reasons for him to wee inapropriately, this link will explain it better than I can.
http://www.felinecrf.org/treatments....te_elimination
When visiting your vet, please remember that everything is relevant, no matter how silly or small it may seem, if possible take a few notes on Mondos behaviour, appearance and well being.
The steriods should help but he really must start eating soon. Any wet food you put down for him, try heating it with a little cooled, boiled water.

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #73

hi, thanks for that link, had a good read and found some interesting peices! well he has ate more, some ham and almost a whole foil tray of sheba, and some steak out of the pie i had for dinner! i have syringe fed him last night and this morning, but that was mainly to get his meds in him, and we are continuing to give him extra water as i havent seen him drink any. i think with his little accidents, they have been just that, as he has being using the litter tray. i did mention it to the vet, but if it happens again i will put a litter tray in the room to see if that helps. he is starting to act more hiself and his coat looks better and feels softer! i saw on that link, giving cats metacam can sometimes cause arf, and the first time he went to vets, he got a steroid and im sure metacam! though the vet wouldnt have known at that time and he had already been displaying ymptoms, so it prob wasnt that!
i went to get the aplaws today and it had just sold earlier in the morning typical eh!?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #74

Thats very good news about the eating!

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #75

i know, i am soo relieved but i dont want to get my hopes up too much incase it is just because of the steroids and he goes the same when it wears off! i just want to say a MASSIVE thankyou to everybody who has offered their help and support and have mondo in their thoughts

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #76

I am so pleased Mondo has started to eat - hopefully he will continue as he starts to feel better. Gentle cuddle to the boy from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #77

Very very pleased he has eaten more today, keep up the good work. xxx
It's not easy having to assist feed etc but you really are doing the very best by Mondo, hopefully his phos levels will be reducing as well as the urea.
Thinking of you both xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #78

We can offer advice and support; sometimes I think that's the most important; knowing there are other people who understand and care. A lot of us have been thinking of Mondo and sending healing vibes. I hope he goes from strength to strength.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #79

Hope Mondo is feeling a little better today.

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #80

well we have taken a step backwards today, he hasn't ate anything since this time yesterday gave him the benefit of doubt, perhaps with syring feeding and extra water, etc he may just not be hungry, still nothing by 4 o'clock to had to syringe him mush again he also doesn't want to sit beside me on couch, just jumps down. going to give him some more water now.