Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #1

Terrific Tuesday

Morning all

Off to work shortly just taking Mom to get her heart moitor off off first. And give them the "mountain of history" that Dad has written to go along with it.

Won't be back till later tonight so have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #2

Re: Terrific Tuesday

Hi Kazz - hope all is OK re your Mom's heart and I do hope the hospital appreciates your Dad's essay on A Day in the Life .... your post yesterday did make me chuckle.

It's very overcast and windy here this morning and it was raining earlier. OH is off to play golf today - men I am sure have their common sense whiskers plucked at an early age! Not sure what I'm going to do, I have the urge to turn out my wardrobe ...... maybe will but maybe won't as I really need a nice dry blowy day to wash stuff I want to keep.

But as it's so horrid out I may just try and concentrate on tracing my Dad's family which is full of gaps, potholes and precipices!

Have a good day folks, whatever you do. Extra special Tuesday cuddles to all Catsey cats today from me.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
05-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #3

Dry and Sunny up here but the wind is bending the trees sideways

The Clan are all enjoying the wether and me and the dogs sky and Sunny are off for a walk then dome tennis round the paddock helps tire out the boys and I get some fresh air

Hope all is well in your worlds

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #4

afternoon all.
Kate i hope you have recovered from your ordeal last night, sounds scary.
Eileen, glad your appointment went well and that you are home now.
Angie, good luck with your family history
Karen, i hope your mum's appointment goes well
Liz, hope you enjoyed your dog walk, that's what i have been doing.
Managed some dogfree time this morning which was lovely. I went into Preston and had a look round the car boot and shops.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #5

Hi, weird weather continues! Yesterday we broke a record with 30 C (85 F). this morning it's 8 and 45!! Heavy rain and wind earlier before I was awake. Felt great to sleep in my own bed again, but I really missed Leia. She's staying with Carolyn till the op/recovery are over. PET scan this afternoon. then ust home to relax; have grobery delivery late afternoon/

Kazz, hope it's a good day at work; Angie, good luck ancestor--hunting; Shelley, and finds at boot sales? Liz. enjoy the tennis!

Back after the scan ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #6

Hello all...

Sounds like we've lots to keep us going anyway. Eileen - thoughts and prayers with you. So sorry to hear that Leia not with you, but it does sound very sensible to let Leia stay with Carolyn until you're safely recovered and home to stay home.

Over here... I'm fine, beyond some slight stress. Downstairs neighbour... I've heard things in dribs and drabs over the course of the day. Posty told me he'd heard about it on the local radio station first thing - at that point in time she was known to have been taken into hosp with smoke inhalation needing treated. News from parents at various points in time later on in the day to tell me that she had been released from hosp (first info re that at 9am while I was working) and I just talked with her Mum on the way in... She's gone into the psychiatric unit nearby 'cause she's just not able to deal with life right now. I saw her just over a week ago and she was broken in every way - deaths in family, other family troubles, and then someone threw a hurtful (and serious) accusation at her... I'm so hoping that she's now at a place she can get the help she so desperately needs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
05-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #7

Happy Tuesday, everyone.
It's been steadily soggy and wet here for a couple days now.
I have been feeling pretty quiet lately although I'm not really sure why.
Today I have my usual psych appt where we check in about medication adjustments and all that.
K is on pins and needles waiting for his tax refund so he can do some home improvements.
All the fuzzies are well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #8

Squirrel, hope your neighbor does get some help. sounds like the fire was the last straw... Tink, ,maybe the meds adjustment will let you back to your usual bouncy self ..

Didn't have the PET scan .... some sort of foulup/misunderstanding. There was no order in Nuclear medicine for my scan, when after a long wait they contacted my Oncology surgeon and returned to say I did not need it ... go home! So we did! And, even more confusingly, there was a message on the answering machine reminding me of the appointment today ..... sounds as id their right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing ......?????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #9

Thanks Eileen... though from what neighbour's Mum was saying, last straw was before the fire came, and fire was the result...

I've had similar experiences with hosps, though at least it was no worse than them having not sent notes from one hosp to another, and having to wait an hour to be seen while said notes were faxed through!!!

How frustrating in some ways - though I must admit it's good to not need to have the scan!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #10

So sorry you've been mucked about at the hospital Eileen - you sound calm about it, but it's such a waste of your time and worry too.

Sorry also about your neighbour Squirrel.