Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-01-2007, 09:03 PM   #1

LAUGH???? I had tears running down my face

After the post on chicken wings I though I would pop into Asda and pick up a tray for my boys. Brought them home and chucked Teddie out of the kitchen and put them on the floor for the boys to try. Cooper licked them to death (well, he would have if they weren't already ) but Broxi just turned his nose up at them. So I cut the meat into pieces and put it into his dish, well that was different, he obviously wasn't going to eat on the floor like some common cat, lol!!! Cooper meanwhile was still licking his. OH commented on how it was unfair on poor Teddie not to have any and so I agreed she could have a TINY piece . So OH opens the kitchen door and Teddie POUNCED, and I mean POUNCED on to poor Coopers wing. Now please bear in mind that these were quite large wings! Teddie proceeds to start growling at everyone and then runs (waddles) off in to the dining room and under the table, she wasn't eating the meat, just clamping it in her jaws and growling!! OH goes and gets her from under the table, being given evil looks from madam and then has to fight with her to make her part with it. My sides were hurting by this point . She is then given her little piece of chicken and she does the same thing except we had closed the kitchen door, she went round and round the kitchen trying to find a place where no-one could see her to eat this tiny little thing, eventually going into the corner beside the fridge!! It was one of the funniest things I have seen in years. This tiny little cat dragging this chicken wing through the house. I so wish my camera was handy!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #2

Re: LAUGH???? I had tears running down my face

I'd have love to have seen Teddie running round with her chicken wing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
08-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #3

Ohhhh, I wish you'd had your camera Alex. That sounds such a sight. Bless little Teddie!!!

My Kuta gets the same when she has a wing - very possessive and growls at everyone that comes near!!! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #4

Alex, that is so funny...I can just imagine that little mite lugging the big wing areound (It's my wing!!)...why do we never have the camera around when they do things like that!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #5

That all sounds great fun!
Mine tossed the wings around too - talk about 'don't play with your food'! Makes you realise how close to the wild our pets still are

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #6

I shall repeat the experiment at another time and have the camera handy, lol!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #7

Bless little Teddie ...... she probably couldn't believe her luck ........ something other than fish at last!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #8

That sounds side-splitingly funny. I look forward to future photographs and a giggle at poor Teddie's expense. Bless her

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Bless little Teddie ...... she probably couldn't believe her luck ........ something other than fish at last!!!
LOL Mags!! I think that's exactly what it was, poor baby. Of course we'll probably have to deal with a dicky tummy tomorrow, but she's got to have SOME variety in her life!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
08-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #10

Aww bless her x