Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
05-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #11

Re: Intruder coming in and spraying. HELPPPPP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly
Try putting some stone in a tin and shaking it to scare hi away. It might work. Or chick water at him.

Best of luck
Sally
In theory I can see that this might work, but he comes in at all times of the day and in the middle of the night and goodness knows when I'm not home.

Also, one evening when he came in my boyfriend tried to scare him off by rushing out into the garden clapping his hands loudly, this just caused the tabby cat to panic and try to run away, but in his panic he ran straight into the netting of the cat-proofing and got caught. He managed to get free in a few seconds and found his escape, but this trauma doesn't seem to have put him off coming back for more visits.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
05-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #12

I think you're going to have to block off your cat flap for a while Charlie or find another way of cat proofing your garden. Good luck!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
06-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #13

I have this trouble too. Annoying as it has changed my two cats lives forever. They are terrified of the cats that come into the house. The cat flap cannot be used on a magnet as that was broken through too.

So now my cats are prisoners in their own home!

Cats owned: 2 Domestic Shorthairs
07-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #14

Hi Charlie

You have my full sympathy on this. I get intruders too but fortunately they don't pee in the house. They do eat my girls' food though which is a pain. I have tried throwing water over these intruders and clapping and making noises but nothing seems to work. As you know Molly is nervous anyway so this does not help. It does sound like he is after Lily as he is so determined to get in.

I hope you come up with a solution. I will keep watching this space so keep us posted.

Love
Carol
x

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #15

This tabby intruder is practically living with me now!!! He was in last night when I was sat watching TV and he just sat watching me. It was raining and I felt awful chasing him out, so I have to admit that I just let him sit there. My cats didn't seem to care!!
I woke up in the early hours this morning and he was sat out on the landing outside my bedroom door and then when I came downstairs this morning he was sat outside the kitchen window in the garden.
I just don't know what to do for the best. I get torn between chasing him out every time, or trying to be nice to him and catch him so that I can take him to the vets and see if he has a chip/owner. I really don't know if he's a stray or not - he's certainly very determined to get into my house and I watched him last night and he didn't seem very interested in Lily. He's not interested in the food either tho, so goodness knows what he wants!?!?!?!

What should I do?

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #16

I've seen these cat deterrent things on eBay. Does anyone think that they would work?? I'm also thinking of getting a windchime to attach to the netting at the area he comes in, as I thought the noise may put him off. any other suggestions would be fab pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...5850&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9255&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...3916&rd=1&rd=1

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #17

The rods sound interesting? Not so sure about the other two items... Anything is worth a try I suppose. Let us know what you decide to try..

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
08-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #18

I have the same problem, except I know my straying and spraying cat does have a home of his own, just not a very good one apparently (when he first turned up he had a bleeding open wound that stayed like that for 2 months, if I could have got near him I'd have taken him to the vet myself but his owner wouldn't do it).

Now he pretty much lives here, he stays away from my cats but he sleeps in the conservatrey all the time, he used to come into the rest of the house and spray but we decieded in the end if we couldn't stop him coming in the house We could try keeping him to one room only and thank fully he understands, but he still sprays at least its only one room though.

I did have another stray neighbours cat sneak in once, but I shouted at him and he legged it out of the cat flap so fast he somehow got his leg stuck and broke the cat flap into a hundred pieces trying to escape, that one never came back!

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2007, 05:05 PM   #19

The tabby does seem to have stopped spraying now - probably because the whole house smells of him now anyway!!! lol
I still don't know what to do though.
I know that it's quite a common problem that other cats come in through the catflap, but I've paid to have my garden cat-proofed. He shouldn't be able to get in at all!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #20

Can you not contact the people you paid to cat proof the garden Charlie and ask them to come and sort it?