Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
03-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #1

Sccat Device

I have just read this on the Australian forum - does anyone know if you can buy it here? I can think of many instances (especially inappropriate soiling) where this may work.

"I have recently bought a Ssscat device. It is simply a can of pressurised air (no citronella or additives) with a motion sensor mounted on top and a spray device. The motion sensor detects movement in a 1 metre semicircle around the can and emits a beep, followed by a quick spray of pressurised air. It is designed to be placed on top of furniture, bench tops etc. to keep the cats off them.

I bought it to defend an aquarium from constant cat traffic and in the two days I have had it in use, the cats have very quickly gotten the message and look but do not touch the aquarium. They are not terrified but respect the aquarium. "

I bought it from:
http://www.absaustralia.com.au/

It's worth the $100 or so that I paid for it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #2

Re: Sccat Device

Fascinating!
Never heard of it but it sounds like a remote controlled owner - tss, tss, tss is my favourite 'don't do that' noise and this device does the same.
It's available here apparently http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/ero...57Ccountr yGB

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #3

Have looked on that web site but cannot see it. When I think of the number of people who are desperate because their cat/cats soil things like their beds and keep jumping up on kitchen worktops or try to destroy the best soffa - this would be ideal for them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Have looked on that web site but cannot see it. When I think of the number of people who are desperate because their cat/cats soil things like their beds and keep jumping up on kitchen worktops or try to destroy the best soffa - this would be ideal for them.
That link works for me Rosie. Give it a little time to load and the product is the last on the page as you scroll down

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #5

Looks good, but very pricey!!