Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
25-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #1

i must have the only cats who dont like catnip

bought them some lovly cat nip toys n they have just turned their noses up and walked away, the dog showed more interest in the toys, (see i knew he was a cat in dog skin)
hope everyones enjoyed their day, mine can have their pilchards soon. think they know

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
25-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #2

Re: i must have the only cats who dont like catnip

I bought a tin of catnip spray for Millie a couple of weeks ago..not interested..but advertised on here was Purr..which i recieved sat..i put it on some toys that Millie was not interested in. she loved it completely zoned out..
john

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
25-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #3

interesting fact....
Apparently cats are either catnip responsive or not. So they either love it or they don't (kind of a marmite type of thing) & it is thought that only 50% of cats are catnip responders -

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-12-2006, 08:43 PM   #4

Most of mine over the years didn't particularly care for it, two of them got hilariously silly! Leia likes to eat it fresh from the garden but doesn't especially react to it. And now of course the frost killed it all off, so no more till next year.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
25-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #5

barnaby used to go mad for it LOL a real big kitten.
ronnie has taken a liking to a large mouse, hes been dragging all over the flat, looked at hte balls n paper balls.
might get some of the purr thats been mentioned.
they have got piles of food down so happy full up pusses, plus they had a squirt of cream which they adored.
hope the kits are all having a good night.
i got a lovely book on cats from my daughter really interesting, will have a good look through ;later.

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
25-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #6

India loves the Armitage's cat nip treats but takes no notice of the catmint in the garden. Next doors cat Skeg used to blow her mind on it when there was a really big clump and she would go home looking for all the world like she was drunk Present catmint is in a tub on the patio. I only got it in the Autumn and I don't think Skeg has found it yet. It will be interesting to see what happens when I plant it out in the Spring. Logoes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-12-2006, 12:22 AM   #7

Broxi and Cooper love their catnip toys, never tried them wish fresh stuff. Teddie just turns her nose up at them and walks away.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-12-2006, 02:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Broxi and Cooper love their catnip toys, never tried them wish fresh stuff. Teddie just turns her nose up at them and walks away.
Alex, if you like, could mail you some catnip seed next Summer when it sets seed..this is a very sturdy variety of catnip; it was almost 5 feet tall this summer...I call it my mutant catnip! It re-seeds itself.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
26-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Alex, if you like, could mail you some catnip seed next Summer when it sets seed..this is a very sturdy variety of catnip; it was almost 5 feet tall this summer...I call it my mutant catnip! It re-seeds itself.
I would be very interested in seeds ..I do not seem to have a lot of luck with the seeds I buy over here..

john

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #10

That would be lovley Eileen! i would love to have some growing in my garden, something to entertain all my strays with, lol.