Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
03-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #71

Re: Elsa update...HELP!!

Have posted over on DW-maybe will get some joy on there?

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #72

Home has been offered at a stables/farm over in Bedworth....got to ring them in a short while to chat a bit more...

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
03-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #73

Well the lovely man who owns the stables rang about 40 mins ago...and he said we are welcome to go over and see the stables and location etc at some point this week, which we said we would.
During this time a lady from the CP rang on the other line...she spoke to mom asked about Elsa etc...and said she would get back to us tomorrow with details/info of some of the foster's who deal with the 'timids and ferals' as she put it..
Really must say the CP have been so very helpfull today-they really do good work!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
03-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #74

Can I ask why you have gone for a rehome straight away, when you were going to have her spayed and see how she went?
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
03-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Can I ask why you have gone for a rehome straight away, when you were going to have her spayed and see how she went?
Dawn.
Was not my direct choice...my mom is the adult and in this situation she excersised that power fully. After the incident on Saturday night mum quite frankly said that an animal who does that unprovoked doesn't stay here, plus the fact the other pets (most were here before elsa) aren't happy due to Elsa and her behaviour, and TBH i don't think Elsa is happy here either.
Elsa will be getting speyed before rehoming
I would just like to take this chance to say i do so hope that i am not thought any less of on CP for having to rehome Elsa-in this situation it isn't my choice, if i had my way i guess that she would be speyed and given time..but my mom is the adult she makes the decisions like this..i can just stick by her by this one, i've given my opinion and it was taken into account but didn't change anything.
The lady who spoke to us from the CP said it does sound as if Elsa just doesn't like/can't cope with being in a multi-pet household amongst other things.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #76

Luke, OF COURSE no one thinks less of you!! You have gone the last mile for Elsa, have tried your very best to make her happy, and it unfortunately just didn't work out. Your mom has the final say. I think Elsa would be much, much happier in the situation you described; let us know what the place she might go to is like! I hope the spaying isn't too traumatic for her..and you!

Catsey Junior

03-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #77

Luke,
I think you're doing the right thing. Some animals just cannot be trusted in the home. And also it sounds like Elsa is very unhappy too. I think having her speyed then moving her somewhere where she can be happy is the best solution for everyone.

By the by I have had to treat various animals over the years who have not been good with vets (from horses to rats) in every case although the stress has not been pleasent the out come has been well worth it.
I have used completmentary therapies very successfully - particularly rescue remedy. It really seems to take the edge of proceedings.

Good luck and best wishes

Olivia

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
03-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #78

Sorry Luke, I have only just caught up with this thread.

So sorry to hear of the problems with Elsa. The situation has got really bad and I feel you are doing the right thing by re-homing Elsa. Well done for getting her speyed first, hopefully this may make a difference. I admire you for what you have put up with and the way you have tried everything with Elsa. I personally wouldn't have her pts, for me that would be the very, very last resort. Speying is a good start and her new home sounds great and perhaps just what she needs to become a happy cat. Hopefully you will be kept informed of her progress?

{{Hugs}}

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
04-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #79

It is a shame your mum isn't willing to give her some time after being spayed, but it may make no difference at all, and she could be reacting to other things. It is a sad decision having to rehome pets, but sometimes it has to be done for their sake - looking back, it is what I should have done with Tigger, and if she hadn't got so ill, I prob would have had to do the same, as living with a cat that will attack you and other pets for no reason isnt nice and could end up causing health probs with your others.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
04-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #80

Hope it works out Luke, and I hope they can keep her in if they cant get near her! Good luck.
Dawn.