Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

07-04-2004, 10:06 AM   #1

HI EVERYONE!!

Thought it about time I said hello. have been a member for a while, but never seem to have time to actually use the forum!!
I have just started to breed British Shorthairs and have 5 lovely cats, Onslow my handsome boy, and the girls are 2xblacks, 1 is called Dee Dee (the other doesn't have a name yet as I only got her on monday), a brown spotty called Lia and a blue called Squirrel
Could someone answer a couple of questions for me. Firstly, my blue girl was mated about 5 weeks ago and as yet there seems to be no sign of her expanding!! how soon do they usually start to show? I have has a couple of litters of moggies in the past but that was quite a few years ago so I can't remember! Secondly, has anyone got an idea what I might get if I put my brown spotty girl to my blue boy? I'm not that good when it comes to the genetics side of things,but getting there slowly.
I would be grateful for any advice you could give me,
Jenny

Catsey Veteran

07-04-2004, 10:22 AM   #2

Re: HI EVERYONE!!

Hi Jen

Welcome to the forum!

Can't help with the babies I'm afraid - but just wanted to share my love for BSH with you - I have two, a blue girl of 18 months and a little monkey of a boy who is a blue colour pointed - they are beautiful and I love them dearly - your so lucky breeding - but I know if I did it I would not be able to part with them!!!

I am sure there will be people on here who will be able to help!

Good luck with the babies!

Abbi

Catsey Junior

07-04-2004, 10:31 AM   #3

Thanks Abbi,
They are wonderfull cats and I love them all to bits.

Not that hard to part with the kittens. After 13 weeks of trying not to suck them up the hoover, dragging them out from behind every piece of furniture in the house and having to rescue them from ontop of the curtain pole when they find they can't get down, it's absolute bliss!!! Then after a few days the house starts to feel empty and you can't wait for the next lot to arrive. Must be mad!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Bengal
Azz is Male
07-04-2004, 11:52 AM   #4

Hi Jen! and welcome to the forum!!

Our Cheetah recently had a litter and once she was back from stud I had the same concerns! She was still calling and didn't look as though she'd put on any weight - which only started to show till atleast 5 weeks ish. But I guess all cat's are different and it may be worth asking the breeder who you purchased her from for any info?

Good luck!

Catsey Junior

07-04-2004, 06:38 PM   #5

Have just been reading one of the many books I have aquired on the subject which says many cats show no signs untill well into the 6th week. will keep a watch on her and see what happens. She hasn't shown any sign of calling sinse the begining of last month, so will keep my fingers crossed.

Also forgot to mention I also have a white BSH. She was the cat that got me addicted to the breed and I have had one litter from her. Sadly she has developed what the vet calls a degenerative bone marrow disorder (sort of like lukemia) and she will have to spend the rest of her life on steroids. We don't know how long we'll have her for, we have to take each day as it comes, such a shame she's only 3, but to look at her you would think she was 15.

Catsey Veteran

07-04-2004, 07:16 PM   #6

Hi Jen

That's really sad about your white BSH - hope that things go ok for you with her - bless.

Did you have a look on the pages with Pictures - I posted a picture of Amber on there for you to have a look at my Blue BSH.

Abbi

Catsey Junior

07-04-2004, 09:55 PM   #7

Yes, had a look, what a stunner!!
My blue girl is a bit of an odd one. She had her ear very badly bitten as a baby and the vet was unable to save it, she also has a really strange tail which she carries up over her back, the vet seems to think she was a bit squashed up inside mum, she was one of a litter of 6 and mum was tiny, which has caused her tail to develop at a strange angle. She's a lovely cat though, bless her!!
Will post some pics when I get a bit more time so that you can see that not all my cats are misfits or at deaths door.

Almost a Veteran Member

Azz is Male
07-04-2004, 10:13 PM   #8

sorry to hear about your cat Jen.

Would LOVE to see pix of the one with a bitten ear - I bet she's a right character!

Catsey Junior

08-04-2004, 10:25 AM   #9

Would post some pictures, but can't figure out how to get them to forum from desktop. Have read all the bits about posting pics, but it's way over my head!! I've come to the conclusion that I must be a technophobic, anymore than press a button and I panic.

Almost a Veteran Member

Azz is Male
08-04-2004, 12:17 PM   #10

Hi Jen

Are you able to email them? If so, email them to me and I'll put them on the web for you and show you how to post them my email is: