Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-02-2014, 12:08 AM   #1

cat litter query.

Has anyone had any experience with Hemp cat litter? I use a clumping litter for my kitties, but the kittens seem to be getting it on their paws and I am worried about them ingesting it.Hemp is advertised as being totally natural and safe to use. it is expensive but then so is the clumping litter I buy.The hemp is very soft on their paws so they would love it, I am sure, but I'd really like to hear from someone who has used it and found it good/bad.Thanks for your help.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #2

Re: cat litter query.

Sorry, dinky, I have no experience (or rather my cats don't!) of hemp litter. Are you concerned that your cats might be exposed to the other properties of hemp? I am sure that not all varieties of hemp have "other properties"! When necessary (like recently when Kizzy was poorly) I've used Cats' Best for mine - a nice clumping litter, totally recyclable and flushable, depending on your own sanitation regulations in NZ of course.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
23-02-2014, 02:03 AM   #3

Thanks Angieh. We don't have the "Cats Best" clumping litter here in NZ unfortunately. I use a clumping litter from a large pet store. It's very fine and the cats all love it.I'm just worried that they may lick it off their paws. They all have very fluffy paws and the litter sticks to their fur.I will buy a small bag of the hemp litter and try it. They don't go outside unless they are in their compound, so they won't use any rough or harder cat litter.The hemp is very soft, and completely natural and all the testimonials are good so I'll give it a try.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #4

Let us know how you get on with it ..... I've always wondered whether it would be possible to encourage cats to wipe their feet! My two don't have overly fluffy paws but I can imagine the problem.